Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 02:10 PM

Default Re: O.J. Simpsons \"If I Did It, Here\'s How It Happened.\"

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, it's even possible that OJ went over to Nicole's house and by freak coincidence he caught his son in the act of committing the murders.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also "possible" that Diane Lane will show up at my door in her birthday suit in the next 5 minutes.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:18 PM

lol at rodney king

"Since the 1991 incident, King has been arrested several times for attempting to run over an undercover police officer, drug infractions, domestic violence, soliciting a prostitute and other motoring offenses. He has also worked in construction and started the rap label "Straight Alta-Pazz". Although he received $3.8 million in a civil suit against the LAPD, he is reportedly bankrupt and living in a drug rehab center. To quote BBC news, "much of it went to pay his lawyers, but he used the rest to found a rap record business, the Straight Alta-Pazz Recording Company".[3]"
Old 11-15-2006, 02:32 PM

O.J. Simpson Trial Jury
Old 11-15-2006, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at rodney king

"Since the 1991 incident, King has been arrested several times for attempting to run over an undercover police officer, drug infractions, domestic violence, soliciting a prostitute and other motoring offenses. He has also worked in construction and started the rap label "Straight Alta-Pazz". Although he received $3.8 million in a civil suit against the LAPD, he is reportedly bankrupt and living in a drug rehab center. To quote BBC news, "much of it went to pay his lawyers, but he used the rest to found a rap record business, the Straight Alta-Pazz Recording Company".[3

[/ QUOTE ]

hello left field
Old 11-15-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when i talk to my black friends now, they say the community acknowdleges OJ did it but they were glad he got off because so many other black men had been falsely arrested/imprisoned/harrassed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible logic. I don't think I could associate with anyone who thought like this.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, now I see where you're coming from: you don't know about the Fifth Amendment.

When you're on the stand, and you take the Fifth, you're done answering questions. You can't hide behind the Fifth on some questions, then try to answer the ones you want to answer. Once he took the Fifth, he had to say that to every question thereafter. If they asked, "What's your name?", he'd have to take the Fifth to that, as well.

I'm 99% sure that I'm right about this.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, this is all wrong. I am not a criminal lawyer, so I don't deal with the Fifth Amendment very often - if at all. I do know that in most instances, when you take the 5th in a civil trial, the jury is permitted to make inferences based on your decision to do so. So, for example, if I am asked in a civil case, "did you take cocaine that night," and i say, "i take the 5th," the jury is permitted to infer that, indeed, i took cocaine. I honestly do not know what the rules are when a person who is not the defendant takes the 5th in a criminal trial - I would think (but am not sure) that in certain circumstances the jury can make similar inferences. However, as I said, it does appear the jury didn't hear that testimony (which, to be honest, wasn't all that clear from the special).

Your analysis of the 5th Amendment is wrong on a lot of levels. I don't really understand what you are saying, to be honest. But no time now to discuss.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:49 PM

I remember seeing a press conferance after the trial with a number of the jurors. I'll never forget one in particular. A middle aged woman who was a computer programmer. I remember listening to some of the things she was saying, and I couldn't believe someone could be so dumb.

I give the defense, especially the people who selected the jury the credit for this. I don't remember how all the jurors were, but if they were all as air headed, lacking of common sense, and out in left field as that woman was, it didn't surprise me that they came back with the verdict they did.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at rodney king

"Since the 1991 incident, King has been arrested several times for attempting to run over an undercover police officer, drug infractions, domestic violence, soliciting a prostitute and other motoring offenses. He has also worked in construction and started the rap label "Straight Alta-Pazz". Although he received $3.8 million in a civil suit against the LAPD, he is reportedly bankrupt and living in a drug rehab center. To quote BBC news, "much of it went to pay his lawyers, but he used the rest to found a rap record business, the Straight Alta-Pazz Recording Company".[3

[/ QUOTE ]

hello left field

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take "Ridiculous Verdicts of the 1990s" for $600, Alex.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I give the defense, especially the people who selected the jury the credit for this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that you should blame the prosecution for moving the trial rather than give the defense any credit.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:02 PM

OJ BE NOT GUILTY