Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 01:25 AM

Default Re: O.J. Simpsons \"If I Did It, Here\'s How It Happened.\"

[ QUOTE ]
remember how he swore to search for the real killer? i wonder how his search has been going.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's removed all mirrors from his home.

FFS the dude only drove around for 2+ hours fleeing from the cops and threatening to kill himself with blood in his car. I mean is this nation that stupid?
Old 11-15-2006, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The jurors in the OJ criminal trial should be sentenced to Unpossible Retartation. Jesus, 11+ years and that verdict still annoys the hell out of me. But I've heard The Juice has basically been outcast since it all happened, so that's something. Perhaps because millionaires are not as dumb as random jurors.

[/ QUOTE ]I used to think this, and remember thinking this at the time (although I was in high school).

However, the other day I watched a beyond good Frontline special on the trial. Are you aware that Mark Fuhrman basically confessed to tampering with evidence? The defense also did a pretty good job at demonstrating some serious irregularities with the DNA testing. Imagine you are on the jury, and you here a police office who (a) is caught on tape revealing himself as racist and biased and (b) takes the 5th when asked if he tampered with evidence. I actually came away from the special thinking there was a 50% chance or so that the police, as someone said at the end, "framed a guilty man."

Throw in the years of abysmal, racist behavior by the LAPD (which many of the jurrors may have experienced personally), a terrible screw up by the prosecution with the glove, and I can start to see where the jury was coming from.

Please don't take this as a defense of OJ, who is of course one of the worst people in the world. Unfortunately for the families of the victims, some terrible behavior by the LAPD (and one officer in particular) created a situation where it was possible for him to get off.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:46 AM

short version of how he got off - the LAPD framed a guilty man

short version of how he has $$ to play golf - certain assets are exempt from judgment. For example, pension. my understanding is that he has a pension set up that pays him $25,000 a month.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are ridiculous, OJ is innocent and it was proven.....if the glove doesnt fit, whats so hard to understand about that???

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't proven innocent. He was just found not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There's a difference.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, that will be the highest rated show ever

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2006, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The jurors in the OJ criminal trial should be sentenced to Unpossible Retartation. Jesus, 11+ years and that verdict still annoys the hell out of me. But I've heard The Juice has basically been outcast since it all happened, so that's something. Perhaps because millionaires are not as dumb as random jurors.

[/ QUOTE ]I used to think this, and remember thinking this at the time (although I was in high school).

However, the other day I watched a beyond good Frontline special on the trial. Are you aware that Mark Fuhrman basically confessed to tampering with evidence? The defense also did a pretty good job at demonstrating some serious irregularities with the DNA testing. Imagine you are on the jury, and you here a police office who (a) is caught on tape revealing himself as racist and biased and (b) takes the 5th when asked if he tampered with evidence. I actually came away from the special thinking there was a 50% chance or so that the police, as someone said at the end, "framed a guilty man."

Throw in the years of abysmal, racist behavior by the LAPD (which many of the jurrors may have experienced personally), a terrible screw up by the prosecution with the glove, and I can start to see where the jury was coming from.

Please don't take this as a defense of OJ, who is of course one of the worst people in the world. Unfortunately for the families of the victims, some terrible behavior by the LAPD (and one officer in particular) created a situation where it was possible for him to get off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Also, if I'm remembering correctly there was pretty damning evidence taken on the fence or gate. I could be a fair bit off on this as it's just off memory from 10th grade. The blood was taken from the scene several days after the murders and was not only in good shape for dna evidence having been out in the California sun but contained the very same blood preservative that the LAPD uses in their vials when they take blood from suspects.

Also, I'm no expert but Darden asking OJ to put on the gloves has to go down as one of the biggest mistakes any lawyer has made in trial. Certainly the most famous.

As I said, it's pretty clear that he did it. It's also pretty clear that they set him up.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:08 AM

I am pretty sure that the show and the book will not actually be what it seems. He will not confess and most likely will attempt to make it seem more unlikely that he did it.

There was a news show recently about some 100's of hours of OJ footage, as he DJ'd about the country. The owner of these tapes mentioned he was pretty consistent about denying his guilt.

D.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:19 AM

There's an excellent book on the subject by Vincent Bugliosi, the man who put Charles Manson in prison, and is considered by many of his peers to be the greatest trail laywer of our time. It's called Outrage: The Five reasons That O.J. Simpson Got Away With Murder. He also did a Playboy interview in which talks extensively on the same subject. Both are fasinating reads.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There was a news show recently about some 100's of hours of OJ footage, as he DJ'd about the country. The owner of these tapes mentioned he was pretty consistent about denying his guilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

woa, crap...I forgot about that!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its funny that OJ could confess to murdering them on live tv and not get in any trouble at all. Double Jeopardy serves its purpose

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this is true. Even if it is, couldn't they just get him on something else then? Like Purjury and then give him the max sentance... I dunno

[/ QUOTE ]

Perjury is going to be tough to sell since he didn't testify in his criminal trial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing perjury charges can't flow from O.J.'s testimony in his civil trial...oh wait, perjury *can* arise from civil testimony, because its given under oath, i.e. penalty of perjury...good thing the statute of limitations has run.

O.J.'s civil testimony