Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Does this guy deserve a beatdown?

i believe it's spelled extacy
Old 11-14-2006, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
entertainme -

I'm sure you're an awesome mom but I'm sensing a some denial on your part concerning your son's behavior. First, you used the euphemism "experiment" to describe what I presume was illicit drug use. Then you make the following statement:

"Granted, we had it easier because he was not experimenting himself and doesn't want to mess with drugs."

The reality is that you hope your son is not "experimenting" and that at least he repeats back to you what you want to hear instead of tuning you out completely and displaying other anti-social behaviors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been on both sides of this equation. Twenty years ago I probably would have been posting with the kids, "It's only pot." Having been there, we're much more experienced in preventing this in our own kids than our parents were, and knowing what to look for.

My daughter, a senior in high school, won't date anyone who drinks under legal age. She hates drugs because she's seen what they've done to people she cared about who were friends.

I'm just as confident in my son's values. His reaction was to call out the guys he wanted to keep as friends on their behaviour. In fact he told me last night they've got another friend completely turned around and he's now against drugs too.

It's given him, and the couple friends he had who weren't messing around the power to influence the rest to make good choices.

My kids aren't angels by a long shot. They do and will make mistakes and we will be there for them no matter what. But, so many kids today don't have guidance. Someone has to set the standard.

The Poker Mom

[/ QUOTE ]

poker mom,

if your daughter is objectively attractive and not a nerd, she is most likely lying to you.

I know you mean well and you want what's best for your kids, but it amazes me how parents can become so naive in regards to things their kids are doing.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:30 PM

My apologies for the unsolicted parenting advice. (I was in no way commenting on your parenting. This can happen to any kid.)

I have no advice when it comes to revenge. If kids want drugs, they're going to get them.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My apologies for the unsolicted parenting advice. (I was in no way commenting on your parenting. This can happen to any kid.)

[/ QUOTE ]

dont apologize....moron posts on an internet message board and then acts like hes above everyone and could care less about what we have to say. Obviously hes not very bright, so the parenting advice would do him some good...sadly it wont matter tho as I imagine his offspring is destined to be one more burnout spending all day spreading her legs in a trailer park breeding the collective IQ of society down. Im sure she came about in a similar fashion
Old 11-14-2006, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

poker mom,

if your daughter is objectively attractive and not a nerd, she is most likely lying to you.

I know you mean well and you want what's best for your kids, but it amazes me how parents can become so naive in regards to things their kids are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize this is hard to believe and as I said my kids aren't saints. However, according to surveys about 30% of high school seniors haven't used alcohol in the last 12 months. Small town. We keep a close eye on where our kids are and who they're with, though she obviously has much more leniency in making her own decisions now.

I know my kids really really well. That's not to say they've never tried it, never will, or won't have a period of rebellion at some time in the future. So far, we've been very lucky with them both.

It's not an easy path to choose not to use in high school, which is a conversation we've had with them more than once.

Oh, and yes, she's dated throughout high school.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:38 PM

Talk to your daughter. Regardless of his action she is heading down a slippery slope. Her friends currently are not role models. She needs to straighten her [censored] out and understand the big picture before she ends up in a [censored] situation that she can't get out of.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:09 PM

If your daughter is smoking pot at 14, her path is already set... but it may not be that bad.

Anything you do is going to drive her away from you; she's going to rebel. If you push, she'll run.

You're between a rock and a hard place. Dealing with a 14 year old girl is about the hardest thing a parent would ever have to do.

Don't go to the cops. Don't blame the dealer for your daughter's mistake. She is 14, she is old enough to make her own bad decisions. If she didn't get it from him, she would of gotten it somewhere else.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your daughter is smoking pot at 14, her path is already set... but it may not be that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this completely. There was a pretty consistent pattern of people I knew in high school who rebelled early, like 12,13,14 years old, and then totally abstained during high school. Often, they were annoyingly "good" people in high school.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Long story short. My 14 year old daughter and 3 of her friends got caught smoking pot at school. It turns out that they got the pot from a 21 year old cousin of one of the girls. As well he gave the girls a pill bottle with 8 pills of what he says is extasy. I know the guys name and where he works. Wouldn't be to hard to track him down. I feel like kicking his ass but I am also aware that he may retaliate against my daughter some how. Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

No offence, but the phrase "my 14 year old daughter" should probably never be posted on an OOT thread.