Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 06:57 PM

Default Want book recommendations for b2b sales (mostly by phone)

I just got a new job in sales and want some book recommendations.

I've been doing sales over the phone to people during this year and have been in the top 3 of 30ish employees. So I think I have some sort of talent for it. This new job I got has the potential to earn me a lot more money though compared to my previous job and thus I want to improve as much as possible, and some new books might help.

So far basically the only book directly related to selling/persuasion that I've read is: Persuasion: The Art of Getting What You Want

I just did a search on Amazon and quickly found a bunch of books that might be good (reviews are hard to trust though IMO).
Anyone have any opinions on any of the books or might recommend some other books?
The sales I will be doing is like I said, business to business, but we're not talking high stakes sales, so to speak. (If that changes anything in your recommendations)

The books I've found so far:
The Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness
SPIN Selling
Secrets of Question Based Selling: How the Most Powerful Tool in Business Can Double Your Sales Results
How to Master the Art of Selling
Selling is Everyone's Business: What it Takes to Create a Great Salesperson
Heavy Hitter Selling: How Successful Salespeople Use Language and Intuition to Persuade Customers to Buy
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
Stop Telling, Start Selling: How to Use Customer-Focused Dialogue to Close Sales
Secrets of Power Persuasion: Everything You'll Ever Need to Get Anything You'll Ever Want
Covert Persuasion: Psychological Tactics and Tricks to Win the Game

I also posted a little more about the job on my blog in case someone wants to read more exactly what it's about.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Want book recommendations for b2b sales (mostly by phone)

Adding:
Stephan Schiffman's Telesales: America's #1 Corporate Sales Trainer Shows You How to Boost Your Phone Sales
Stephan Schiffman's 101 Successful Sales Strategies: Top Techniques to Boost Sales Today
The Successful Sales Manager's Guide to Business-to-Business Telephone Sales
The Fundamentals of Business-to-Business Sales & Marketing

(I'm beginning to notice that they all have long [censored] titles)