Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Buying PS3 from someone who have waited in line?

Well I just got back from Sam's Club and a Super Walmart. The Sams last year got 30 XBOX360's they told me they were first told they would get 15 PS3's then 3 and now they might not get ANY. I then went to the Walmart that last year gor abour 25 360's. The manager was told they don't know how many they were going to get but that they would not get more than 10.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:30 PM

Wow. That's wild that there are going to be so few in comparison. FYI, if you're really trying to get one, you might try this: If you're a Sam's "business" member, Sam's opens an hour earlier at some locations for business customers. I had a friend who used this to get one last year, when pretty much everyone else he knew in the area struck out.

The PS3 has been nothing short of a complete disaster for Sony to this point.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS- If you get one and don't sell it, you're 100% no questions asked retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]ummmm....no.

You're basically claiming that everyone that buys one off eBay for an inflated price is retarded. If Bill Gates bought a PS3 off eBay for 5x retail cost, would he be retarded? No, it just depends on how bad you want things and your hourly wage.

Let's say the PS3 goes for $1500 on eBay and you want one asap. You are basically paying $300 for the console, and $1200 for some kid to stand in line for 20 hours ($60/hr). In this instance, if you make more than $60/hr and you'd rather be at your work than standing outside in the cold, why wouldn't it make sense?
Old 11-14-2006, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. That's wild that there are going to be so few in comparison. FYI, if you're really trying to get one, you might try this: If you're a Sam's "business" member, Sam's opens an hour earlier at some locations for business customers. I had a friend who used this to get one last year, when pretty much everyone else he knew in the area struck out.

The PS3 has been nothing short of a complete disaster for Sony to this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily I am a buisness member. They open (here anyway) at 6 am for buisness members. Last year all 30 went to buisness members.

Like I said before I then hauled tail to a Sams in a crappy (I mean even with my 45 acp still nervous to be at type crappy) part of town to get 2 more where there wasn't a line.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS- If you get one and don't sell it, you're 100% no questions asked retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]ummmm....no.

You're basically claiming that everyone that buys one off eBay for an inflated price is retarded. If Bill Gates bought a PS3 off eBay for 5x retail cost, would he be retarded? No, it just depends on how bad you want things and your hourly wage.

Let's say the PS3 goes for $1500 on eBay and you want one asap. You are basically paying $300 for the console, and $1200 for some kid to stand in line for 20 hours ($60/hr). In this instance, if you make more than $60/hr and you'd rather be at your work than standing outside in the cold, why wouldn't it make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, it's all about how bad you want it. To me though, the feeling of paying 3x-4x the actual value of anything is sickening, and for a first production release game console? No way. First production run game consoles are known for having bug/manufacturing issues and defects. So, I can pay 3x-4x the value for an item that has a much higher probability of being defective, or wait and pay the true value and have a product that's less likely to be defective later? Easy choice for me, but to each their own.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:58 PM

HAHAHAHHAHA

Old 11-14-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad im not in JAPAN
Old 11-14-2006, 06:55 PM

I'm considering waiting for this thing and taking my chances. How do I become "first" in line? Do I just sit on a chair outside the store all day closest to the entrance? Do I tell somebody who works there "Where is the line for tomorrow?"

And if they have one and I'm first in the store, do I automatically get one? or do they open the door and everyone runs in at the same time and it's a free-for-all?

thanks.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:00 PM

i think you have to be in line already to have a shot at being first.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And if they have one and I'm first in the store, do I automatically get one? or do they open the door and everyone runs in at the same time and it's a free-for-all?

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. cute.