Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Did I get owned?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You sure did get owned, by yourself. Sounds like you had a good dealer that works quick, I find it annoying when dealers always ask the 1/9 seat "are you folding?" when their hands are unprotected and the players are paying attention to something else since they obviously don't want to play their hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

"could tell from the getgo that our dealer would be trouble as he dealt very slowly and didn't seen to be paying full attention or really caring about the action."

Good to know you can read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he also read this quote from the OP.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't even have 2 seconds to react before my cards were folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is it? They can't both be accurate.

Jimbo
Old 11-12-2006, 08:07 PM

Der, nevermind. Yeah, I meant I had just a few seconds from the time he finished dealing. The cards were close to my chips tho [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2006, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think there is a greyzone here, mostly because the action had only been two folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree (now that I figured out you were the BB and not UTG+2). I think the same thing happening another day in exactly the same way with a different floor might have generated a different ruling. Whether two folds constitutes "significant action" isn't obvious, and whether a particular floor even cares that there was action may vary. If there had been a raise and call from UTG and UTG+1, you'd be SOL. If there had been no action at all and the dealer just snatched both blinds before UTG acted, I think you'd get a misdeal declared fairly often.

I remain completely comfy with the floor's ruling in this case. But I wouldn't be throwing a huge fit if the floor had called a misdeal.

As an aside, in a tournament today SB somehow ended up getting only one card, but he was busy flirting with the waitress and didn't notice until the action was all the way around the table and someone had gone all-in. The floor ruled correctly that SB was SOL and his hand was dead, but the player steamed and fretted and told all of us over and over how unfair that was, how it couldn't possibly be right, that he hadn't done anything wrong and was being punished... All true, but also immaterial. Someone was gonna be unhappy there, and in this case it's gotta be the person who wasn't paying attention and thus couldn't point out the misdeal before significant action happened.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:46 PM

Had this exact situation about a week ago at the Borgata... except the dealer only took 1 of my cards, so I had to play out the hand with 1 hole card. Kind of ridiculous.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had this exact situation about a week ago at the Borgata... except the dealer only took 1 of my cards, so I had to play out the hand with 1 hole card. Kind of ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's broken, too. Never heard of allowing a player to play with one card. If at the showdown you can't produce two cards, you lose.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's broken, too. Never heard of allowing a player to play with one card. If at the showdown you can't produce two cards, you lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would allow someone to play one card liek this if they wanted to. They certainly don't gain any advantage.