Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Your part-time job as a teenager - The worst thing you had to do..

Camp Counselor.

This 6 year old kid [censored] his pants, I had to clean it up.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:59 PM

I worked at a burger joint. The worst thing I had to do was clean up some road kill in the parking lot.

No, I didn't make a opossum burger.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:57 PM

I worked as a delivery guy for a mattress store. Delivering the mattresses was heavy work, but it wasn't that bad. What *was* bad was having to cart away customers' old mattresses. About 50% of the mattresses weren't too bad -- the other 50% were covered in every body fluid you can think of.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:14 PM

Two from KMart.

I worked in the photo department for 90% of my time there. It was definitely way better than working in any other area. However, that changed towards the end of my time there. As most know, KMart was (is???) in a financial mess and stores that didn't do well were pressured to make cuts. As a result, if I worked the morning shift I had to cover breaks for the one cashier on schedule, the service desk, and the Little Caesar's (I had not been trained for the last two). I also had to push carts (because I was the only guy in the store, WTF). This was all in addition to my regular photo duties. It was really awkward telling people their pictures weren't done because I wasn't able to do them.

Another day after a huge rainstorm, the store had a huge puddle of water from a leak in the wall. So they grab me from photo and tell me to clean it up. Of course, the ShopVac was missing, so I had to attempt to clean this [censored] up with a mop. In the two hours between when I started and when I had to go home, I probably got a third of it done.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:25 PM

Not as disgusting as some others but...

When I was 16 I was a caddy for a pretty nice country club. My first day I really didn't know how it worked and showed up at noon. Turns out there were a whole lot more caddies there than I had expected. The way it worked was the first caddies there were the first ones out on the course unless a player wants a specific caddy they know and trust. Not everyone wants/needs a caddy so I just sat and watched everyone tee off on the first hole. I didn't get called at all the first day and left when the sun went down at about 5:00.

The next day I thought, "I'm gonna get up real early and be the first one out." I got there at 6:00 in the morning, which is hard to do being a teenager in the summer. I still am not the first one there and have to wait until noon to finally get called. After the five hours of golf (this guy was awful) he says thanks and gives me ten dollars.
The country club didn't pay the caddies and made money strictly off of what the players decided to give them.
16 hours, 10 bucks.
That was my last day being a caddy.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:39 PM

Once a kid put his baseball hat in a toilet and took a monster [censored] in it, could have been worse cleaning up, but what the F*CK was the kid thinking???
Old 11-14-2006, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once a kid put his baseball hat in a toilet and took a monster [censored] in it, could have been worse cleaning up, but what the F*CK was the kid thinking???

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it a Yankees cap?
Old 11-14-2006, 04:12 PM

When I turned 13 or 14 I got a job mopping the floors and cleaning the grout on the floor at a cafe. I made 3.35 an hour working my tail off.

The bad part was that it was right across from the arcade. So the whole summer I got to watch my friends get better at Defender and PacMan while I worked.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:23 PM

I worked at a museum and had to play the ass in a two-person triceratops constume outside on a 95+ degree day. I only had to do this once or twice outside, usually we were inside which was bad enough as it was.

It wasn't the worst job, because other than that we did children's theatre for money - so it remains one of only two paid acting gigs I've ever had. But being a triceratops ass really sucked.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:40 PM

three words:

squeeze anal glands