Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: 25-50-100 4 handed live fwoods hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hi white,

tough spot. Is villain good enough to valuebet a set on river? Do you have any previous time reads on villain? Villain is obviously thinking what to bet on river, its close to a PSB, reads on betsize?

If he doesnt valubet a set here I think i would call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good enough to bet a set? I think he could be betting Aces up for value, and in fact that's what I think he has, in this particular case. When whitelime checks the river, most will assume (and almost always be right) that he doesn't have a straight. Whether a check-raise is a good idea depends upon where Villain's betting range is weighted (since it obviously contains some straights), and I don't have the answer to that, though my gut tells me you shouldn't raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cero,

For villain to valuebet river he has to picture a hand that hero will call with... and i cant see many...

also remeber that villain is tight. if he is good enough to bet a set on river he most likely is aware of his tight table image, meaning that he wouldnt expect hero to call with a marginal hand. So villain betting aces up for value is out of the question i think..
Old 11-14-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi white,

tough spot. Is villain good enough to valuebet a set on river? Do you have any previous time reads on villain? Villain is obviously thinking what to bet on river, its close to a PSB, reads on betsize?

If he doesnt valubet a set here I think i would call this.

[/ QUOTE ]
???

I can't imagine anybody but the biggest nits not betting this river with a set.

Whitelime, I don't really see what you beat, fold.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:47 PM

Once you check to him, he is betting a set/aces up/st8 that was made after an attempted steal/air. Air is unlikely here because it was a 4 way limped pot so someone who is playing pretty tight probably isn't going to go out of his way to get fancy. You beat nothing but a bluff and since a bluff is unlikly based on the above statement, muck that.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:17 PM

Default Results

I was conflicted here. I really thought he had a flush draw on the turn because I was playing so aggro and because I don't think he can really ever have a hand on the turn b/c he limped preflop and chked behind on the flop.

On the river though, he waited a while before betting out and I think thats usually a tell for a big hand. I went w/ my initial read which was correct but he rivered me w/ 33.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I was conflicted here. I really thought he had a flush draw on the turn because I was playing so aggro and because I don't think he can really ever have a hand on the turn b/c he limped preflop and chked behind on the flop.

On the river though, he waited a while before betting out and I think thats usually a tell for a big hand. I went w/ my initial read which was correct but he rivered me w/ 33.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you tell me why you didn't fire a river bet and fold to a raise?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

B/c he's either bluffing or has me beat.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't that the purpose of the blocking bet? or is that too obvious?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 PM

obviously wrong...
Old 11-14-2006, 08:12 PM

i think this is played fine, i prob wouldn't fold the riv either.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't that the purpose of the blocking bet? or is that too obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, its because he puts vilan on a missed draw so if he bets villan cant call, but if we check we can let him bluff and save money when we are behind.