Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If these guys were the only choices who would win?
Bill O'Rielly 7 13.73%
Russ Feingold 7 13.73%
Newt Gingrich 7 13.73%
Barack Obama 21 41.18%
Matin Sheen 9 17.65%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2006, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Do You Smoke Cigarettes?

[ QUOTE ]
I smoke a pack and a half to two packs a day, if I go to the bar it's probably more like 3. started 4 years ago when i was 17. I smoke camel filters, unless reds are cheaper, then I smoke those.

I enjoy the taste, and I don't really think about quitting that much. However, for those of you who smoke and want to quit, you should really try Zyban (also known as Welbutrin). I was on Welbutrin for a while a year ago, and I went from a pack or more a day to 1 or 2 cigarettes, sometimes none. I didn't end up quitting because I didn't want to, but if you do want to I'm sure this is a good method.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is horrible advice, but maybe these things differ for different people. If youre still smoking one or two a day, the habbit is going to be just as hard to break.

I smoked for about 6 years, and before that a couple of cigarettes here and there during middle school. I hated waking up after a night of drinking (pretty much every night in the summer) and feeling like complete [censored]. Hang overs are bad enuogh, but compounded with having your thraot sore and packed with flem is so awful.

I quit cold turkey. This isnt heroin, you dont need detox, just [censored] be a man and quit.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:04 AM

Smoked a long time ago when I was about 12-14... never much though. Maybe a pack a week or something? Did it because I had older friends and we'd get drunk and go out to clubs and it seemed cool.

I have, however, bummed a smoke to pick up on girls. Super easy in. It has worked well a lot in the past.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:10 AM

Was curious what the 'thing' with smoking was. Tried it my freshman year smoking camels and the like. Didn't get it. Over the period of a year I moved to unfiltered Lucky Strikes. Was finally able to get some sort of a buzz if I chain smoked a few without a break. I think this was more due to oxygen deprivation than the cigs though.

Frustrated and confused, I quit after a year and had no problems doing so. I still don't get cigs. Why do people smoke? There must be some different body chemistry at work.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was curious what the 'thing' with smoking was.

...I still don't get cigs. Why do people smoke? There must be some different body chemistry at work.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, dip [censored] me up great. Did it for a few months and it always gave a great buzz. I quit since the buzz started to become less and less and dipping's a pretty nasty habit.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:56 AM

Quit for almost a year. Got really stressed a few months ago and started back up. Will quit again. I know it's bad, I know it's gross and I HATE when other people give me [censored] for it. I smoke, big effing deal.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LIKE RANCH I DIP

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, quotes like this remind me of why I'm glad I was never in a fraternity. EVERY SINGLE ONE of my friends who were in a frat came away with a tobacco habit of some sort.

There are a lot of smart people in this thread (and also some Politics posters) who have admitted to smoking. Baffling. I've said it before and will say it again: I have no idea why anyone under the age of 50 would deliberately pick up such a destructive habit.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of smart people in this thread (and also some Politics posters) who have admitted to smoking. Baffling. I've said it before and will say it again: I have no idea why anyone under the age of 50 would deliberately pick up such a destructive habit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally? It's a stimulant, a relaxant, and a gamble. I've quit before and will again. If only nicotine gum tasted better. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'd switch to that.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:47 AM

I've smoked for about 5 years, I had had less than 10 cigarettes total before I was 21, but aftern I turned 21 I started going to bars a lot more (like nearly every day). I got used to and enjoyed the 2nd hand smoke, and would sometimes bum a cig on the walk home. Then, I started bumming cigarettes from friends in bars. Then I decided I was being a sponge and just bought my own pack. Then I was unequivacably a smoker.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 AM

FortunaMaximus,

Interesting. Because I am by default in a never-ending fight against The Man, I spent a lot of years on the side of smoker's rights. But it just became too much - there are bars I can't step five feet in without my clothes being ruined by the stench of smoke. The new law in AZ (I think it's similar to the CA law where you can only smoke outside) is all too welcome IMO.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:59 AM

I started smoking about 7 years ago, started probably like alot of people did, was around friends from school who smoked. Started off small, maybe 1-5 per day sometimes skipping days, after a few years, I smoked about 3/4 to full pack of Marlboro Reds daily and it had been that way last few years.

I never really tried to quit, never really wanted to quit, I enjoyed it too much. Somewhere around 50 days ago (I stopped counting now) I had just finished my pack and decided on spur of the moment that I was done with smoking.

I think about it from time to time but the urge gets less frequent. I can't really say why or how I quit, it just happened and I feel pretty good about it so far.