Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Re: STUDIO 60 - EPISODE 8

This episode really sucked. Harriet hurts to watch. John Goodman was the best thing in it.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:17 AM

Ugh! I really like the parts that are about, you know, producing a comedy on a big network. Unfortunately that's only one out of every 3 scenes. I did like most of the Vegas stuff.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:21 AM

The show is pretty awful. I wish I could let it go. What a waste of talent.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:26 AM

I'm as big a Sorkin fanboy as anyone, I absolutely love Bradley Whitford and Timothy Busfield, I was a Friends fan and always thought Matt Perry was the biggest talent on that show, I'm a West Wing nut, a Sports Night nut, loved A Few Good Men and The American President...and I've stuck up for Studio 60 over the first few weeks when people started dogging it.

But you're right...this week's episode was lame. It was bad TV. Not disgustingly bad like Law and Order or Jericho...but bad TV. Part of the problem is the expectations game that comes along with everything Sorkin-related. But also...this was just bad TV.

Get better or get cancelled. How is this show not consistently better. There have been three great episodes, four mediocre ones, and then this piece of dog crap. GET BETTER CAUSE I'LL KEEP WATCHING EITHER WAY JUST TO ENJOY THE 35-40% OF EPISODES THAT ARE ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:08 AM

I came here to bitch like everyone else already has. I've given the show a chance, but this episode sucked. The plot twists and deus ex machina made Lost look downright plausible. And they really need to hire a funny person or two to help with the writing--all the "comedy" is terrible. I can't really call it a waste of talent (except maybe Perry and Busfield), because there wasn't much of it on display.

PS WTF with "use" being a felony. It would be impossible to prove use in Nevada (as it occurred in CA), which would be required for there to even be a crime.

-minor edit
Old 11-14-2006, 03:33 AM

I liked it. I'm starting to expect/love the terrible comedy, and the how bad can the harriet character get thing is fun to follow.

I think what we all love about this show is how one minute it's great and the next it's awful.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:43 AM

am i an idiot? i did not get the explanation of why tom was speeding, or what the hell he was wearing on his wrist.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
am i an idiot? i did not get the explanation of why tom was speeding, or what the hell he was wearing on his wrist.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not the only one. Someone help please?
Old 11-14-2006, 09:53 AM

This just felt like they wrote a good episode and said well crap it's 1hr and 20 min. Well should we cut it? Nah, lets add some more time and make it a two parter. Ohhh good idea!

They just polished up last weeks episode. Amanda Peet is in trouble. Harriet is stubborn (and still really annoying). Steven Webber is a cocky ass which is really entertaining. Whitford cracks me up. All of this could have been cleaned up last week and we would all talk about the way this show is improving.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:52 AM

I want to punch Harry in the face.