View Poll Results: Who is dumber?
The old lady 4 36.36%
The crook 2 18.18%
They are both equally unintelligent 5 45.45%
this space intentionally left blank 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2006, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Should we really care??

I think you need to take the money from the bots to really discourage this kind of cheating.

If an innocent player gets caught up in all that then you let them defend themselves.

Party can go on ISP type stuff too to try to figure this out.

It wouldn't have to be just on the stats.

But how many innocent players will have same stats like that across the board right down to defending the BB only 20%??
My guess is zero.

Party SHOULD be able to just pick out the bots IF they actually do this correctly and look at ALL the different stats (pretty big 'if' though).

Obviously just banning every 33/25 player wouldn't be enough.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:39 AM

"These are private poker games, it's not like we're sending innocents to jail or something."

I read some posts calling for bankrolls to be confiscated. In online gambling that is equivalent to the death penalty. I would hope that there would be a very high burden of proof for that action.

An effective deterrent to bots would be more approriate.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also, in terms of an evolving cat-and-mouse game, if you have access to someones computer, I'm thinking you can probably detect "signatures" of a program, despite changing the name of the process..... but obviously there will be counter strategies and so on.

The bottom line is that party have to make it as difficult for people as possible, and have to keep catching and confiscating funds, so that the problem is kept as minimal as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Botters are using 2 computers and running poker software on one and bot software on the other. Then they are controlling the pokersoftware with remote desktop or similar software. It's also possible to simulate 2 computers with software like vmware.

The point is that this makes it almost impossible to prove usage of bot software. It would however be possible for Party poker and others to not allow playing through a remote desktop connection. That would at least stop the bots for a while is my guess.

With a little effort from party poker this would already have been done, but I don't think they care enough since they are making money from these bots. Because if even we can find these bots party should have no problems at all having access to hands/playing hours etc.

I also read on the winholdem forum that party's turing test doesn't do [censored]. If you dont type the letters all that happens is that you sit out until you type it in. It's only there to make honest people beleive Party cares.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

An effective deterrent to bots would be more approriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no effective deterrent to a determined bot user short of literally looking over their shoulder while they play.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:51 AM

I think that funds confiscation would be the only effective deterrent.

If they get their funds back then they can just start over again.

Once word gets out of just ONE guy having all his funds confiscated that can serve as an effective deterrent to ANYONE thinking of doing this.
Lots of future POTENTIAL programmers like this guy would think twice before trying it at this site (and would move on to a different site most likely I suppose).

To that end, I think Party should PUBLICLY announce that they caught this guy using multiple bots and that they DID confiscate his funds.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:51 AM

"Sure, I was basically getting at his whole point of "innocent people being taken down" as being pretty silly."

What is silly to me is the high level of paranoia present in this thread. Several posters are certain these are bots. It looks suspicious to me also, but I'm not convinced based on just similar stats. This is a little off point, but someone talented enough to develop a bot capable of beating mid level limit holdem is wasting their potential.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:54 AM

I think lots of people on 2+2 and in the world in general are wasting their potential. So what?

Not sure how you can think this thread is overly paranoid.
It seems pretty obvious with the evidence given and is eerily similar to the SNG-bot issue that 2+2 uncovered several mths ago.

I'm not 100% certain of course. But i think it's definitely the most likely explanation that these are all bots from the same program/player.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Bots in PartyPoker\'s 6-max Limit games?

[ QUOTE ]

Are we sure Party or Party insiders aren't operating the bots themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please let me rephrase.
Does anyone think it is even possible that Party or Party insiders are NOT behind this themselves..

Given their unethical ways to run a business, which has now backfired on them , since THEY HAVE NO FRIENDS!! No-one is loyal to them, ever. That's what you get for scamming affiliates, firing skins totally by surprise. Running something like a few bots during these very hard times, would be small potatoes for them
Old 11-14-2006, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a little off point, but someone talented enough to develop a bot capable of beating mid level limit holdem is wasting their potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what? It seems like making thousands of dollars an hour is a pretty good use of potential.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Bots in PartyPoker\'s 6-max Limit games?

[ QUOTE ]
Running something like a few bots would be small potatoes for them

[/ QUOTE ]

I cleaned that up for you. They took a huge hit, but they aren't exactly bankrupt.