Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 11:47 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (Week of 11/13) (Mon 5-10 NL)

Someone tell Alan to shut up!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:57 PM

The concept Bart is talking about is what Barry G calls "defining your hand." The idea is that you either "tell the truth," or you tell a big whopping lie. If you avoid "half truths," you don't have to guess whether an opponent is acting on the real informaiton he has (his hand) or on the false information you gave him.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone tell Alan to shut up!

[/ QUOTE ]

... if you want to do him a big favor.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:25 AM

Had an interesting hand take place over the weekend:
I'm on the button and the entire table limps in. I look down and see AA. I make a big raise. Bigger than I have the entire game PF anyways. I make it 10XBB to go. I was just looking at the money in the pot. I had seen AA cracked everytime it was played since I sat down. It folds around to seat7, I happen to be in seat 10. He calls which surprised me becasue this guy has been one of the more tighter players at the table. And I hadn't seen him call a big rais he either re-raised or folded. So I was thinking right away that he called me knowing I'm playing AA and is trying to hit a set or had suited conectors. The flop comes out very scary for my AA's. 6h 8h 4d I didn't put him on a pocket pair as low as what was on the board so I'm considering suited straight cards. He checks and I bet out a feeler bet of about 30% of the pot. He calls instantly. Red flags are going off here. I dont have an A of hearts also folks. Turn is 9s, a complete scare card for me again. Could have easily made a straight at this point. Again he checks and I figure well I'll take another shot at it. I bet around 50% of pot and again a quick call. River is Jh. Ok so the flush draw that he could have been chasing got there and another straight card. And again he checks to me. I was so confused by all this I didn't wear I was at in the hand and figured I was truly beat at this point and didn't want to face a big check raise so I checked behind him. He turned over Ks8s... I couldn't believe it. I turn over my AA and take down the pot. A guy to my left snickers and says nic value bet on the river that I missed out on. I just looked at him and said I only had 1 pair. He looked confused and shook his head. Did I make the wrong play and miss out on getting some more money on the river or did I make the right play?
Old 11-14-2006, 01:32 AM

They just finished for the night with 30 left, playing down to 6 tomorrow. Notable names include:

Mimi Tran
Loi Phan
Kathy Liebert
Daniel Negreanu
Clonie Gowen
Old 11-14-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm on the button and the entire table limps in. I look down and see AA. I make a big raise. Bigger than I have the entire game PF anyways. I make it 10XBB to go. I was just looking at the money in the pot. I had seen AA cracked everytime it was played since I sat down. It folds around to seat7, I happen to be in seat 10. He calls which surprised me becasue this guy has been one of the more tighter players at the table. And I hadn't seen him call a big rais he either re-raised or folded. So I was thinking right away that he called me knowing I'm playing AA and is trying to hit a set or had suited conectors. The flop comes out very scary for my AA's. 6h 8h 4d I didn't put him on a pocket pair as low as what was on the board so I'm considering suited straight cards. He checks and I bet out a feeler bet of about 30% of the pot. He calls instantly. Red flags are going off here. I dont have an A of hearts also folks. Turn is 9s, a complete scare card for me again. Could have easily made a straight at this point. Again he checks and I figure well I'll take another shot at it. I bet around 50% of pot and again a quick call. River is Jh. Ok so the flush draw that he could have been chasing got there and another straight card. And again he checks to me. I was so confused by all this I didn't wear I was at in the hand and figured I was truly beat at this point and didn't want to face a big check raise so I checked behind him. He turned over Ks8s... I couldn't believe it. I turn over my AA and take down the pot. A guy to my left snickers and says nic value bet on the river that I missed out on. I just looked at him and said I only had 1 pair. He looked confused and shook his head. Did I make the wrong play and miss out on getting some more money on the river or did I make the right play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paragraphs are your friend.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:46 AM

UncleKraut
What are you saying? That your an English Teacher? Well whatever you might do for a living... I'm not posting on here to show off my skills of writing and punctuation and propper paragraphing *new word for ya* LOL
So please do us all a favor and climb down from your "High Horse"

A$$ HOLE!!!

;-)
Old 11-14-2006, 01:50 AM

I'll put in the paragraphs so it reads a little better.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm on the button and the entire table limps in. I look down and see AA. I make a big raise. Bigger than I have the entire game PF anyways. I make it 10XBB to go. I was just looking at the money in the pot.

I had seen AA cracked everytime it was played since I sat down. It folds around to seat7, I happen to be in seat 10. He calls which surprised me becasue this guy has been one of the more tighter players at the table. And I hadn't seen him call a big rais he either re-raised or folded. So I was thinking right away that he called me knowing I'm playing AA and is trying to hit a set or had suited conectors.

The flop comes out very scary for my AA's. 6h 8h 4d I didn't put him on a pocket pair as low as what was on the board so I'm considering suited straight cards. He checks and I bet out a feeler bet of about 30% of the pot. He calls instantly. Red flags are going off here. I dont have an A of hearts also folks. Turn is 9s, a complete scare card for me again. Could have easily made a straight at this point. Again he checks and I figure well I'll take another shot at it. I bet around 50% of pot and again a quick call. River is Jh. Ok so the flush draw that he could have been chasing got there and another straight card. And again he checks to me.

I was so confused by all this I didn't wear I was at in the hand and figured I was truly beat at this point and didn't want to face a big check raise so I checked behind him. He turned over Ks8s... I couldn't believe it. I turn over my AA and take down the pot.

A guy to my left snickers and says nic value bet on the river that I missed out on. I just looked at him and said I only had 1 pair. He looked confused and shook his head. Did I make the wrong play and miss out on getting some more money on the river or did I make the right play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2006, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UncleKraut
What are you saying? That your an English Teacher? Well whatever you might do for a living... I'm not posting on here to show off my skills of writing and punctuation and propper paragraphing *new word for ya* LOL
So please do us all a favor and climb down from your "High Horse"

A$$ HOLE!!!

;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez,

relax buddy. What I was trying to say is that you might have some more luck getting people to read about your hand if you used some paragraphs.

My eyes just glazed over looking at that giant mass of letters.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did I make the wrong play and miss out on getting some more money on the river or did I make the right play?

[/ QUOTE ]

My opinion, fwiw, you couldn't value bet, especially since you thought you were beat. There was enough money in the pot, he was insta-calling the whole way, you only had one pair. I think it was a necessary check, hoping your hand would win at showdown.