Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Is the \"Extreme\" Terror Threat a Logical Fallacy?

[ QUOTE ]
think the reports stand on their own merits. I understand where you are going but I think that Wolfowicz's admission about the missing materials is fairly damning

[/ QUOTE ]

Given Wolfowitz's statement in the article you quoted, isn't it fair to say he would likely agree with the follwing statement:

We are securing our borders here by aggressively securing the nuclear material over there.

Stu
Old 11-12-2006, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that numerous incidents would have occured here in the US if say Kerry had been elected.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if Kerry had been elected two years ago there would have been terrorist attacks in the U.S.? How are you making that assumption? What specifically would Kerry have done to make us less safe?
Old 11-12-2006, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that numerous incidents would have occured here in the US if say Kerry had been elected.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if Kerry had been elected two years ago there would have been terrorist attacks in the U.S.? How are you making that assumption? What specifically would Kerry have done to make us less safe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoting out of context is a highschool manuever, please reread it in context.

Jimbo
Old 11-12-2006, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoting out of context is a highschool manuever, please reread it in context.

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This is where I must speculate wihtout any hard evidence other than numerous public statements by other Presidential canditates. I would fell less safe with a dove in the oval office and feel that numerous incidents would have occured here in the US if say Kerry had been elected

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think I was taking it out of context as Kerry was up for election in 2004. So you mean that if Kerry was president when 9/11 happened that another terrorist attack would have happened by now? Again how do you make that assumption? What specifically would he have done or not done to enable this?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting elected would have been step one in the bufoonery. Gimme a freakin break only Dean would have been worse.
In recent years if you make a scale of idiots that you wouldn't want for president it goes from best to worst Bush, Gore, Kerry, Dean. Granted the "best" is about as qualified as a McDonalds manager. But the list of applicants drops off hard from there.

NeBlis
Old 11-13-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
think the reports stand on their own merits. I understand where you are going but I think that Wolfowicz's admission about the missing materials is fairly damning

[/ QUOTE ]

Given Wolfowitz's statement in the article you quoted, isn't it fair to say he would likely agree with the follwing statement:

We are securing our borders here by aggressively securing the nuclear material over there.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Your suggestion is based on the fact that securing all of that nucleur material is even feasible.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I see why you came to your conclusions. However you still imply that another President in office would somehow change the fact that nuclear material is unaccounted for in the Former USSR.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is certainly not meant to be a refurendum on Kerry. I didn't vote for him for the same reason. Simply because Kerry might have been a worse president doesn't mean that Bush isn't a poor one.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting elected would have been step one in the bufoonery. Gimme a freakin break only Dean would have been worse.
In recent years if you make a scale of idiots that you wouldn't want for president it goes from best to worst Bush, Gore, Kerry, Dean. Granted the "best" is about as qualified as a McDonalds manager. But the list of applicants drops off hard from there.

NeBlis

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, if Kerry had been elected and if he had been worse than Bush (two very big "ifs"), then I would suggest that Kerry's negligence rises to the level of an impeachable offense.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Terrorists are muslim and have oil. Neither applies to countries on america's border.

[/ QUOTE ]

Canada and Mexico are both in the top ten for reserves and production.