Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 12:27 AM

Default Pokerstars Reload is too cumbersome

I switched to Poker Stars when Party shut down for Americans. I have been playing mostly NL hold'em.

I have found the reload process at Poker Stars is really cumbersome.

I always reload the maximum amount. Their program defaults to the minimum. So you have to hit the max button to reload every time.

Next step is the most annoying message there could be. Poker Stars is showing you a message that you must click “OK” to that serves no purpose. It says, "Your stack will update when the current hand is finished." There is no point to this message. It would be like having a message after every hand explaining why the winner won. "A flush beats a straight." would pop up, and you would have to click an "OK" button to go forward.

That may sound like an exaggeration, but it isn't. How many times has anyone seen a player try to reach into his pocket and put more money into a live game in the middle of a hand for that hand? Never. Could anyone go to a poker room in America and find one person playing in a live NL game that thinks they can add money to their stack in the middle of a hand so that they could have more money for that hand? How old were you when you knew this rule? I must have been 10.

Now I have to hit “OK” to this remark 30 times a day, 1,000 times a month. (I am a winning player, but still reload all the time.) 1,000 times a month Poker Stars feels it is necessary to tell me that I cannot reload in the middle of a hand.

This may seem trivial, but it isn’t. While I was writing this I hit a set of fours. I raised, and got a large re-raise back. I went all in. So what do I do then? I don’t watch the table. I am trying to reload. If I don’t, and lose, I play the next hand with the minimum chips allowed at that table. By the time I am through with this processes I can see the very end of the hand, with all the cards out. A few times I didn’t even see that much.

I play 4 or 5 tables at a time. I am busy. I need to spend as little amount of time as possible on this task. Poker Stars should have a method of declaring ahead of time how you wish to reload, the minimum or the maximum. Then that silly dialogue box needs to have one of those boxes that say, “Don’t show this message again.”

I have written to Poker Stars about this issue. If others find it annoying also, please write to Poker Stars so it can be fixed.

Thank you.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars Reload is too cumbersome

Or you can use this.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post5864153
Old 11-13-2006, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars Reload is too cumbersome

Thank you very much.

It is too bad that Poker Stars can't fix this themselves.