Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 11:25 PM

Default Re: ThreeBetMan

LOL! Baron the fish speaks. This is threebetman. I think we played 2 short sessions like hour each together at 100-200 on party and i smashed you and you didint like it. Then you started crying like a baby in chat before you finally realized i was too much for you and left. Cardsharpcook was right on the money with "sounds like somoene got bad beated".

Look within my friend as when i played with you i rated you as the sucker. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2006, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for those of you that don't know him, he's a decent player who is very aggressive. I played 1000s of hands with him, if not tens of 1000s. Off the top of my head, I'd say his numbers are like 17/14/2.5. He does cause players fits though. I've been pmd about him and there have been "hand against 3betman" threads. There are certainly holes in his game, but he's obviously a good player and, in the full ring games we used to play together, he'd usually be the 3rd or 4th best player at the table. I have no doubt that he's a winning player.

I don't know either of them personally, but I'd comfortably say that 3betman likely fustigated baronzues in SH play and BZ is convinced that he is "very bad" because of it. However, anyone that played against him with any regularity can tell you that he's a reasonably good winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought 3bet was anything special (he was good, but not a terror), but I do find it interesting that you say some pretty similar things about 3betman that you said about SWEETA, who was unequivocally a donator whenever he was at my tables. FWIW, whenever I played with both of them, I always found baron to be a much better player than 3betman.

Rob
Old 11-13-2006, 02:52 AM

3BM is above avg.
played with him lots. Apparently good LHE players feel the need to call other above avg players who nonetheless have leaks in their game "terrible."
a bit of tall-poppy-syndrome, but such are egos in poker.

Bottom line, wouldn't want him at my table. He's above avg, but predictable, but all the same i'd rather the seat be filled by a fish.
His stats were around 20/11 full from my mining days.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:04 AM

I recently met someone at the Bellagio who claimed to have been Threebetman. I do know this person to be an ex 2+2er, but there's a decent chance he was lying about being Threebetman.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:40 AM

Maybe he lied. But what made you think decent chance he was lying? Did he suck?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:58 AM

There's no comparison between sweeta and TBM. TBM was a basically decent limit grinder who I'm sure did just fine. Sweeta was a 10-tabling LAG who only had raise & fold buttons, who is now grinding 200NL.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3BM is above avg.
played with him lots. Apparently good LHE players feel the need to call other above avg players who nonetheless have leaks in their game "terrible."
a bit of tall-poppy-syndrome, but such are egos in poker.

Bottom line, wouldn't want him at my table. He's above avg, but predictable, but all the same i'd rather the seat be filled by a fish.
His stats were around 20/11 full from my mining days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine. He wasn't terrible, but (at the time at least) he wasn't a winner at 50/100+, despite how soft those games are.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any relation to UB's 3inputgal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to laugh at this.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he lied. But what made you think decent chance he was lying? Did he suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was with a 2p2er who was a regular in the 100/200 games on Party and said this guy didn't play like the ThreeBetMan on party.

He didn't suck, just wasn't that aggressive, although that's understandable considering we were playing live 30/60.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is threebetman. Fairly good assesment but 3rd or 4th best? that hurts Nah probably right on 3rd becasue of my holes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may help to know that I'm one of those people who believed that 6 or 7 of the players at any given table were winning players. I'm one of those who believe that poker is tough and that fish don't stay around long, while winning players do. It may also help to know that 1st is a slot already occupied because I am at any table where I'm ranking the players.