Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 02:18 AM

Default Re: PokerStars has a new tournament schedule!

I wish they had $55 or $100 rebuys at night. They run 2 of these during the day but some of us have real jobs.

The rebuys attract the best players to stars. Perhaps stars doesn't want to offer these because they don't get rake onthe rebuy. So either a) start charging rake on the rebuy or b) realize these are the higher limit players and they deserve a break.

But I've never understood why there are 2 rebuy tournaments during the day an hour apart and none at night at the higher levels. Must be a european thing.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish they had $55 or $100 rebuys at night. They run 2 of these during the day but some of us have real jobs.

The rebuys attract the best players to stars. Perhaps stars doesn't want to offer these because they don't get rake onthe rebuy. So either a) start charging rake on the rebuy or b) realize these are the higher limit players and they deserve a break.

But I've never understood why there are 2 rebuy tournaments during the day an hour apart and none at night at the higher levels. Must be a european thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would someone ever suggest that?
Old 11-11-2006, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please forgive the self-reply...

One of the main goals of this new schedule was to have more events at times good for our Euro-friends. I simply forgot to mention it in the original post. Those of you on GMT and CET will find more tournaments that fit your schedule.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[/ QUOTE ]

OK so you have looked after the Euro's, Now how about us Aussies? Some more tourneys around 7-10pm each night would be good too,

But other than that really good job, im glad to see sat's into the stuper.

Cheers
Dan
Old 11-11-2006, 07:00 AM

Thanks Lee,
especially for the 1 PM $100 - finally a good weekday tourney to play [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2006, 09:27 AM

New schedule from Pokerstars.com- Excel format: http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/schedule/
Old 11-11-2006, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you can but its inconvenient and theres no good reason that registration only starts an hour before the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the reason is that there will be many who would register and then forget about the tourney and come to Stars for refunds.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:40 AM

W00t. More tournies at Euro times. I live in USA but with my awesomely random sleep schedule, this is a big plus! Also, more Stud/omaha tournaments is always great!
Old 11-11-2006, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can but its inconvenient and theres no good reason that registration only starts an hour before the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the reason is that there will be many who would register and then forget about the tourney and come to Stars for refunds.

[/ QUOTE ]
All other sites allow this, refunds my a$$.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:22 PM

Stars is the best for tournaments and always has been, but other than the improvements to the nightly $150, I don't see anything special for mid/high-buyin players, and there appear to be fewer 109 rebuys.

Edit: Yeah, wtf, this new schedule is actually way worse for me. They removed the friday/monday afternoon and saturday 100 rebuys. I'll be playing less on Pokerstars with the new schedule. Also, the new schedule doesn't rspond to the clear chorus of demands for longer registration times.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:03 PM

I agree. I thought the idea was to add tournaments to the schedule that existed. It seems that there are as many deletions as additions. Why did you guys remove so many tournaments? Based on my schedule I certainly won't be able to play as often on Stars as I used to. Bummer.