Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (Week of 11/6) (Wed 10-20 NL)

yes...should be a good game - wish I was in this game instead of wednesday?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:50 PM

I found a little bio on Bart...

Sincere, Honest, and well mannered are the words that describe this talented artist. A crisp dressed handsome young man with piercing blue eyes, and a rich solid baritone voice. He is also an amazing whistler, and incorporates this unique talent in several of his songs.

Bart Hanson was born and raised in America's heartland near the small town of Pierson, Iowa. His dreams have always been music. Bart has been singing for as long as he can remember. The youngest of three children, he and his sisters grew up singing in church, and in the family band headed by their father. During his high school years Bart spent much of his summers traveling with several music groups playing country, bluegrass, and gospel music for churches, fairs and festivals through out the United States. After graduating from a local community college the music bug was still in his system so he headed west. For three seasons Bart performed seven nights a week as a member of the Dakota Country Music Show in Custer, South Dakota. A Branson style show for tourists visiting the Black Hills.

Bart prides himself on being well versed on the history of country music. Especially the country music of the 1950's and 60's. Artist such as Faron Young, Wynn Stewart, Marty Robbins, Carl Smith, Ray Price, Buck Owens, Randy Travis, Elvis, Kenny Hinson, and a host of others have greatly influenced his life and music. When asked what person had the most overall impact on his musical style, Bart quickly replied, "Dad without a doubt. He taught me my first chord on the guitar and I learned a lot of classic songs by copying him long before I ever heard the original versions." He adds "I learned to sing from Dad, and Mom and my sisters taught me to dance." If not in front of a microphone Bart is likely to be found on a dance floor spinning the ladies or writing songs, both crafts he has spent many hours on constantly honing and striving to improve.

Bart's first real debute on "stage" was at a very early age when he slicked back his hair and got up on the waxed top of his mother's "hi-fi" stero with his microphone (a turkey baster with a string attached as a chord) and sang and danced in his sock feet to the tunes of Elvis Presley, entertaining family members. From then on he knew in front of a crowd was where he wanted to be.

With a steady diet of stage life under his belt, Bart made the decision that music was going to be his life. With the support of a close knit family and friends he set out for Nashville to fulfill his dreams of creating traditional influenced country music. He now resides just north of Nashville and for the last couple of years has supported himself solely on the income made from playing music. Recently Bart has been playing guitar and fronting the band forLoretta Lynn,relishing every moment of being on stage with a living legend. Far removed from that first "hi-fi" stage Bart continues to reach for the top when he sings his way into the hearts of the people he meets. He hopes that his music will help to insure country music's traditions will be guarded well into the future.

Good Luck Bart!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:51 PM

Go get 'em Bart!
Old 11-10-2006, 11:07 PM

I'd like to see bart take 2k from barry woods tonight
Old 11-10-2006, 11:12 PM

Biggest Pot of the night so early, TT vs JJ vs AA, I vote for Mike to resuck!
Old 11-10-2006, 11:14 PM

if sean looked at mike earlier when alan raised it's likely he would have picked up that mike was not happy with his hand
Old 11-10-2006, 11:15 PM

So Alan still owns the horseshoe? Guess I havent missed much the last couple months.

Sup everyone
Old 11-10-2006, 11:19 PM

Alan's check list before leaving his house:

sunglasses
wig
$hit eatting grin
horseshoe
smokes
Corp. Mike voodoo doll
Old 11-10-2006, 11:14 PM

Been away from LATB for awhile...What a welcome back hand
Old 11-10-2006, 11:15 PM

OK, I have been away for awhile. But what happened to the first 30 min being free? All I am getting is advertisements?

Thanks