Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Re: PSA to College Poker Ballas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sleep till whenever, don't have to worry about midterms/finals, crappy professors/weather, just do whatever I want and make cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is that different from college?

[/ QUOTE ]

on a sidenote, lol at your weather comment...so being a professional poker player protects you from bad weather? I guess if you never go outside...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I should have prefaced it with saying I went to college for 1.5 years and the school was in the mountains, waking up at 7:30 and walking through 5 inches of snow is way worse than sleeping in until noon and playing poker, then going outside later on to party or something and just having to walk to the car. Besides real ballas don't walk to the cafeteria, they order food and don't deal with BS school cafeteria stuff.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:55 PM

I have a PSA to people named Aces14.

if you are 4 years out of college, you should be enjoying yourself, saving some money, about to settle down with a woman, be in the middle stages of your burgeoning career. you should be spamming people on a poker forum for bodog rakeback.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:59 PM

i live 2 minutes from my university. i go out oh.. prolly 3 nights a week. sometimes more sometimes less. its all about balance! some discipline. i have no desire to sit behind a computer all day every day, but i also have no desire to sit behind a DESK when im 23-60 working for someone else making 60k a year.

people should use their abilities to get themselves ahead and set themselves up in life. if that means that instead of going out 7 nights a week and getting shitfaced, so be it. i did that for a good 6 month period, and i was completely unsatisfied with what was going on. ive dropped out of school and gone back twice, and both times i realized that school wasnt for me. i went out plenty. i did the 'college life' thing plenty. i value financial security much more than partying. i can enjoy life just fine. holla
Old 11-10-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have no desire to sit behind a computer all day every day, but i also have no desire to sit behind a DESK when im 23-60 working for someone else making 60k a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-10-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
money in the bank, shorty what u thank??

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it went: I got money in the bank; shot of what you drink.

I could be wrong.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You must be busto? Screw that. Play as much as you can while still getting drunk, getting laid, and having fun and put as much away in a bank as you can while poker is at its height of profitablity. Assuming the said person is a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. WTF is this bs about taking advantage of college? How is making money to support extremely awesome baller habits such as huge parties/trips/expensive frivelous spending not taking advantage of college?
Old 11-11-2006, 03:18 AM

That's the dream, Sir. That's the dream.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:42 AM

[censored] you im drunk. [censored] you i'm drunk. pour my beer down the sink i've got more in the trunk.