Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 06:55 PM

Default $50 for Anyone that Can Fix This Problem

Hi,

I'm having a problem installing 123poker. It installs on my comptuer but whenever I run the software it says:

"the insturction at "0x6880fa74" referenced memory at "0x68839b62". The memory could not be "read".

If anyone could get 123poker to work on my computer, I'll send $50 to your poker account.

Thanks,
Old 11-10-2006, 07:32 PM

Default Re: $50 for Anyone that Can Fix This Problem

Are you installing from a CD?
Old 11-10-2006, 07:56 PM

One thing I would try would be to download this.

Burn it to cd and boot your computer from that cd.
It will test your ram. You really only have to let it run for like 10 minutes to get a good idea whats going on...

If any errors that is most likely your problem.
Otherwise idk.

I am sure SamIam can help more
Old 11-10-2006, 10:46 PM

Presuming memtest86 and Knoppix both find no problems with your hardware, the only thing I can think of right now is trying this:

link

I don't know if this document is even relevant (does 123poker use installsheild?), but it's worth a mention - had success with installshield casuing this kind of error in the past...

Good luck,

dave.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:37 PM

It just says MPPoker Application error everytime i run the program. I'm not installing the software from a CD. I'm installing from the downloaded thing from 123poker.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:24 PM

The MPPoker App Error is definitely the Microgaming software client. Have you ever had a Prima/Microgaming account before that worked? If not, it's probably one of two things:

1) (Easy) There is a conflict between Microgaming and one of the programs already running in your computer such as your antivirus or firewall if you have them. Start by doing a fresh reboot then shut off any unnecessary programs including your AV & firewall for the sake of testing. Knock out anything unnecessary in your system tray. Basically you want as little running as possible. If you're able to start 123 after doing this then it will be a matter of trial and error to figure out which program is causing the crash.

2) (Hard) You may have bad memory or possibly your motherboard is going bad. Have you experienced similar crashes with other programs or random crashes in general? I'm not familiar with the program Jeff B mentioned but try it or do a search for Hot CPU Tester. There's a free version that may be able to diagnose if the problem is memory related.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It just says MPPoker Application error everytime i run the program. I'm not installing the software from a CD. I'm installing from the downloaded thing from 123poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try re-downloading the file to another location. If the download was corrupt, this is an error you may see.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2) (Hard) You may have bad memory or possibly your motherboard is going bad. Have you experienced similar crashes with other programs or random crashes in general? I'm not familiar with the program Jeff B mentioned but try it or do a search for Hot CPU Tester. There's a free version that may be able to diagnose if the problem is memory related.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you suggest this if the OP is not having any other memory related errors with other apps? I have fixed that problem a few times, but I can't remember the solution right now. I'll try to remember and post later.