Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Starbucks Guy screws me out of 30 cents.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you guys think I'm crazy? All I did was assert that "roughly 15% of the time I go to a fast food place, they try to screw me out of an extra quarter or fifty cents."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2006, 11:49 AM

I work at Starbucks part time and I will offer up my perspective. Now I haven't worked since the menus changed over Wednesday night. The peppermint mocha frap is a new drink, and your barista just simply screwed up by adding the mocha modifier on there. I am certain there is nothing nefarious going on, as it would be very difficult for him to benefit from it. It is just an honest mistake in ringing up something that has been on the menu for just one day.

I don't think complaining is petty at all, and I think you can definitely get a free drink out of this. Just tell the store manager, or email starbucks. Starbucks genuinely cares about getting stuff right and making you happy, and I am positive they will make you whole for this and then some.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just tell the store manager, or email starbucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
PLEASE send them this thread.
-Sam
Old 11-10-2006, 02:03 PM

starbucks must be rigged too
Old 11-10-2006, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much would your yearly Starbucks bill increase if a worker made a mistake for 30 cents every time you went?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess would be pretty close to zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would increase by $78/yr. I have become hooked on the Venti Soy Latte at $4.22@. I buy 5/wk which comes to $1,097.20/yr. but you are right. They almost never make a mistake and I get a fair number of freebies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Over the course of a year, the starbucks employee errors are likely to even out.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:03 PM

the reason you notice this as fast food places isnt cuz they are trying to rip you off, its cuz the people working there are usually borderline retarded, and if they arent, they are working some crap job for $5/hr so they really dont care that much if they get your order exactly perfect.

Hes not stealing money cuz it rang up that way so its in the register, so if he took it, the register comes up short. The reason he acted nervous likely isnt because hes lying, its because hes clueless and is getting called out on it, hes not going to be all like "wow, your right, im so stupid I cant even push buttons on a register" hell he prolly cant even remember what you ordered 4 seconds after punching it in.

Its pocket change man, reeeeellllllaaaaaaaaaaxxxx. Life is a lot more enjoyable when you dont get worked up over insignificant things. Reading some of your posts, im suprised you can make it through a day without going on a killing spree. You are on the fast track for like a heart attack at 35, heh.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:12 PM

kuroush if you seriously think like this, you have really gone off the deep end. alobars last post is good. there is stuff worth worrying about and stuff which worrying about cant really make life better... which one is this?
Old 11-10-2006, 05:07 PM

Guys, I pretty much forgot about it after I left the store, until something reminded me of it last night. I was suspicious of what happened, which is why I asked to see the receipt. Then, I was confused and wasn't sure what to make of it.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:16 PM

One time I went to a store and got only a quarter back when the change on the register said $0.27. After pulling the stick out of my ass I realized I had been ripped off!!! Line check?
Old 11-10-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
starbucks must be 100% rigged too

[/ QUOTE ]

nh