Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 01:54 AM

Default Re: vegas mid limits

[ QUOTE ]
Consider playing NL instead of limit in Las Vegas. The suckers are sitting with a lot of cash in NL.

The limit game in Vegas is not hot right now. This is coming from somebody who used to prefer limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

How easy would it be for a limit player who has played very little NL to jump in and do OK live? I've played winning 5/10 6 max and slightly winning/breakeven 10/20 6 max online before, but only dabbled slightly in NL. Still think NL would be more profitable?
Old 11-09-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Consider playing NL instead of limit in Las Vegas. The suckers are sitting with a lot of cash in NL.

The limit game in Vegas is not hot right now. This is coming from somebody who used to prefer limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

How easy would it be for a limit player who has played very little NL to jump in and do OK live? I've played winning 5/10 6 max and slightly winning/breakeven 10/20 6 max online before, but only dabbled slightly in NL. Still think NL would be more profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Start off at 1-2 or 2-5 NL games at the big vegas rooms like MGM, Bellagio, V, Wynn

Get comfortable there with your NL play and move up in time. There are differances between NL and Limit that you just need to play to figure out. Also the search function on this site is your friend as the Limit -> NL conversion process has been covered a lot
Old 11-09-2006, 02:23 AM

Thanks for the advice. I have played a little NL online, so hopefully it won't be too bad. I tried the search function but I suck at it.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:30 PM

I think that a good online limit player should be fine trying Vegas NL. The Venetian 1-2 NL was really good was really good when I was in Vegas a few weeks ago. There are many good 2-5 NL games in town also
Old 11-10-2006, 02:44 PM

Played 1/2NL at Venetian last night. They had 1 15/30, 1 8/16 and a bunch of 2/5NL and 1/2NL and 4/8LHE.

The 2/5 with 1K max is a bit high for me, so I stick to the 1/2 and had a great time. Though regularly spread mid limits are best found elsewhere, the NL is definately worth playing.

Good luck!