Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: AJo
Raise 56 68.29%
Limp 11 13.41%
Fold 15 18.29%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Re: IT\'S ON!!! Poker tourney tourney to fund our cause is ready!!!

If this tourny becomes popular, what are the chances of FT putting it in their little popup when you login? (Do they have a popup?)
Old 11-10-2006, 11:36 AM

Thanks so much, Addict! Whatever day...I'm in.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:45 AM

great stuff your doing here addicton... keep it up
Old 11-10-2006, 12:05 PM

The best option is the PPA for now.

1) It is already setup and has the same objectives as this thread. The only way to change the law is though the back door, using influence and money.

2) Individual campaigns will take up to much time and effort in arguing which is the best cause and what the best way of supporting it, and you will never get everyone to agree.

3) Need to keep the goals and objectives straight forward otherwise new players will become confused as to the goals and aims of the tournament.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The tourney funds will fund the ops cost of the pac to include advertising (YAY!!) We can use these funds to direct advertising against or for candidates or issues. Any direct contributions to candidates must come from individual donations to PAC to Candidates, make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me clarify this just a bit. Funds raised from a tourny like this could be given directly to the PPA who could then in turn use the money for funding the operational costs of a PAC. This tourny money can not be given directly to candidates nor can it be used to advertise the direct election or defeat of a candidate. It can be used directly on what is know for issue advocacy. If you have ever seen those commercials that say some thing at the end like "call senator smith and ask him what he is doing about XYZ" this is issue advocacy. There are certain limitations on what can and cant be mentioned in these ads such. More info on issue advoacy here

So if the money were to be given to the PPA it could filter down to political purposes in two (or a combination of two) ways:

1) The money can be given to PPA who can run an issue advocacy campaign with it.

2) The money could be given to the PPA who can then use these funds for the operational and marketing/fundraising costs of a PAC. The money raised by the PAC could then be given directly to candidates or used for political activities such as advertising that supports the election or defeat of specific candidates.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:20 PM

When you get the details worked out I would send them to the following:

radio@bluffmagazine.com (bluff poker radio)
poker@tampabay.com (ante up poker podcast)
adam@bigpoker.ca (rounders poker show)
live@thebike.com (live at the bike)

I would also cross post to the affiliate forum as the affiliates probably all have large e-mail lists
Old 11-10-2006, 12:41 PM

My vote would be donate it no strings attached to the PPA.

Will Full Tilt Advertise it in the upcoming tourney window and send out upcoming tourney announcements for it for it to players in games?
Old 11-10-2006, 12:53 PM

okay there are alot of questions about how much support full tilt is throwing behind this, here is what I know about the tourney specifics:

1. Weekly tourney - monthly pay outs to the org of our choosing - discussions are ongoing with PPA - once that is determined - that will be updated.

2. I emailed full tilt about getting the word out to the pro community - no response yet - can't check email except from home - will get back to you on this one, and see if we can get some help promoting it.

3. PM sent just now to my affialiate TITN - maybe they will help with promotion, if you have other affialiates, now is the time to ask.

4. If you read poker blogs or other forums, start getting the word out about the tourney - tentative start date is nov 25th, or december 2nd.

5. Once details are set, I will email the addresses that HSB provided (thanks HSB) and start setting up a dialogue.

6. Hopefully tonight or this weekend I will set up a blog for the tourney, I know of a few tourney management programs that can help with leaderboards etc.

here is what the immediate needs are -

Need banners to help something catchy that everyone will be okay displaying, anyone????

thanks
Old 11-10-2006, 01:21 PM

Guys where is this tourney supposed to take place?
Old 11-10-2006, 01:23 PM

Hey Aisle:

It will be on Full Tilt the poker website. Not a live tourney...some touring type thing in conjunction with the tournament circuit is being explored.

That help?