Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 06:40 AM

Default Re: I can dodge bullets baby

Hellmuth was on The Circuit awhile back talking through this. He made the laydown sound easy.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that dude min3bet pre, checked an A44 flop and overbet a Q turn. uhh its not that sick a laydown.

[/ QUOTE ]

preach it
Old 11-10-2006, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that dude min3bet pre, checked an A44 flop(I FLOP A FULL HOUSE) and overbet a Q turn. uhh its not that sick a laydown.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!!!! It's TOP pair TOP kicker (if anyone else has a top pair they gonna get outkicked). Folding TOP pair TOP kicker in a donkament is SUICIDE.

The fold is even more spectacular when you see that Hellmuth's opponent didn't even seem to like his hand. He tossed 10k chips into the pot in a "whuddahellIcanlose2buyins" kinda way.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that dude min3bet pre, checked an A44 flop(I FLOP A FULL HOUSE) and overbet a Q turn. uhh its not that sick a laydown.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!!!! It's TOP pair TOP kicker (if anyone else has a top pair they gonna get outkicked). Folding TOP pair TOP kicker in a donkament is SUICIDE.

The fold is even more spectacular when you see that Hellmuth's opponent didn't even seem to like his hand. He tossed 10k chips into the pot in a "whuddahellIcanlose2buyins" kinda way.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the guy starts talking and staring straight at Hellmuth after he puts that bet in and like i said he was talking about it after and he was like "wtf, this guy is telling me he's got a full house".

Great laydown I agree, but he makes it seem so easy. Maybe cos he's so good.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:52 AM

Obviously this is a sick laydown.

Tho I think the most interesting point is that Phil is somewhat bragging about his laydown, not yet having confirmed that is was infact a good laydown.

When making these laydown you either gonna look like a complete moron or the king. Before knowing the result, Phil is already bragging...thats fun and cool at the same time.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:55 AM

you guys are fkin retards.

edit: [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2006, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But the guy starts talking and staring straight at Hellmuth after he puts that bet in and like i said he was talking about it after and he was like "wtf, this guy is telling me he's got a full house".

Great laydown I agree, but he makes it seem so easy. Maybe cos he's so good.

[/ QUOTE ]

...lol

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously this is a sick laydown.

Tho I think the most interesting point is that Phil is somewhat bragging about his laydown, not yet having confirmed that is what infact a good laydown.

When making these laydown you either gonna look like a complete moron or the king. Before knowing the result, Phil is already bragging...thats fun and cool at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 11-10-2006, 07:59 AM

Why is this in BBV?
Old 11-10-2006, 08:08 AM

I thought it was a pretty sick laydown, plus its it a tourney. People don't fold.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:59 AM

As far as I can remember that old guy with the AA was the tightest plyer on the table anyway. He had only raised 1 other hand the whole time before and guess what it was .......

For him to make a 10K bet it was for sure he had the nuts. This was a easy read for Phil but he milked it for the cameras as usual.