Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Meal Plan or cash at Atlantis PCA?

[ QUOTE ]

The Bahamian dollar is pegged to the American dollar, so you can use American currency, unless it's worth less and I was getting ripped off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the replies --- I checked, btw, and you're correct at the 1-1 peg to the US greenback.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:39 PM

I liked the meal plan for me and my family last year.
We def got good value.
I think children under 13 are free, so I may purchase.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:23 PM

Guys,
Dont be worried about not spending the entire value of the plan. It can also be used at the gift shops too so if you have left over monies you can buy souveniers on the day you leave.
~Justin
Old 11-10-2006, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,
Dont be worried about not spending the entire value of the plan. It can also be used at the gift shops too so if you have left over monies you can buy souveniers on the day you leave.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i guess it comes down to this; is it +ev to use the meal plan? ie. if you ate brunch and a normal dinner at an average restaurant will it cost MORE than the $59 it costs for the meal plan. I can spend my folio on booze so I'm certainly not worried about NOT spending it!
Old 11-11-2006, 03:58 AM

planning on going down there in attempt to win boat loads of money and your still stingy enough to know what EV would be for a meal plan vs. no meal plan?

That is kind of sad isnt it?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
planning on going down there in attempt to win boat loads of money and your still stingy enough to know what EV would be for a meal plan vs. no meal plan?

That is kind of sad isnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol --- i have a wife and child to support, no point in wasting money... I promise you if I win $1m I'll be a little less frugal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2006, 02:47 AM

sorry, ft is on bday, and im taking that sob down... if i ever win a damn sat that is...
Old 11-13-2006, 06:21 AM

I went a few years ago with my friend's family and they had the best meal plan you can get which i think is liek 100/day/person...Last year at the PCA 7 of us went to fathoms and the bill was 700+. I think on the best mealplan, that is included, so considering that breakfast and lunch are 30 each, I think it's prolly best to get one.

Edit: Just looked at the site. This is prolly what I'm gonna do.

$92 per adult per day, $40 per child per day

• This plan offers a full American breakfast daily in a choice of five restaurants: Seagrapes, Marketplace, Water’s Edge, Café at the Great Hall of Waters and Murray’s Delicatessen; and dinner in a choice of twelve restaurants: Seagrapes or Water's Edge, Mama Loo's, Seafire Steakhouse, Bahamian Club, Fathoms, Marketplace, Nobu, Café at the Great Hall of Waters, Carmines, Café Martinique or Dune. Dinner includes a choice of an appetizer; soup or salad; one entrée a selection of one dessert; tea, soda, or coffee.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry, ft is on bday, and im taking that sob down... if i ever win a damn sat that is...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome to it sir [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm in the MM.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went a few years ago with my friend's family and they had the best meal plan you can get which i think is liek 100/day/person...Last year at the PCA 7 of us went to fathoms and the bill was 700+. I think on the best mealplan, that is included, so considering that breakfast and lunch are 30 each, I think it's prolly best to get one.

Edit: Just looked at the site. This is prolly what I'm gonna do.

$92 per adult per day, $40 per child per day

• This plan offers a full American breakfast daily in a choice of five restaurants: Seagrapes, Marketplace, Water’s Edge, Café at the Great Hall of Waters and Murray’s Delicatessen; and dinner in a choice of twelve restaurants: Seagrapes or Water's Edge, Mama Loo's, Seafire Steakhouse, Bahamian Club, Fathoms, Marketplace, Nobu, Café at the Great Hall of Waters, Carmines, Café Martinique or Dune. Dinner includes a choice of an appetizer; soup or salad; one entrée a selection of one dessert; tea, soda, or coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but Lunch is not included, so its breakfast and dinner. If you eat every night at a 100pp dinner then perhaps it is worth it but I figure I'll want something easier a few of the nights. We're leaning now towards just running down the folio...