Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Good Fold?

No solid reads. Just wondering if I made a good lay down.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero folds...
Old 11-09-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Good Fold?

What did you think you were up against?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:28 PM

Horrible fold IMHO. 6 players, so UTG raising range is pretty broad here with no reads. You may very well be in the lead, and if not we have outs. I at least call and re-eval on turn.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:44 PM

Grunch: No, worth a call for sure, the pot is growing, you may well be ahead with TPgoodK, and you have BDFD and BDSD. Lots of outs here: even against AA you're OK to see the turn I think.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:02 PM

Just how aggressive is 6 max at that level? I mostly play full ring, .25/.50, and even there a 2-bet means I’ve got/I beat your top pair.

Hero is in between the better and the raiser, and may well have to call more bets before this is over. I don’t hate the fold. I don’t love it either, but I hate dumping as ton of bets into a pot where I may already be dominated.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:52 PM

Hmm, very interesting. With all the backdoor draws I am very tempted to see the turn, but with original raiser still behind it might get expensive. Of course, the initial bet on the flop could be a continuation bet from a small pair, and you very well may be ahead. I think the correct play is dependent on your reads, ie how aggressive are they, is UTG's flop bet a cb, etc. I can't rule out a raise either.

Let me ask, why didn't you lead the flop? Was you intention to c/r here and were defeated by CO's raise?
Old 11-10-2006, 08:51 AM

I think you need to donk the flop here, because you hope that UDG raises to blow out CO.

Why do you call in the BB if you're not playing when you flop top pair, nice kicker ? You got the 2 backdoor draws too btw.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:00 AM

i don't think i like it. bet the flop; UTG may raise his AQ or some other worse hand and help protect your hand. i don't think we have strong enough hand to bloat the pot with a c/r. and we have some bd draws to go with our toppair hand. yeah, i like bet/calling the flop and seeing a turn card so we can reevaluate. your line has failed to define your hand and has caused you to get played off a)what is on occasion the best hand and b)what will on occasion improve to the best hand.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:23 AM

(grunching after a long break, for fun)

fine fold.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:33 AM

You should have bet the flop. As played the fold is understandable and probably better than calling but raising is an option. If unimproved you then can check the turn and fold with clear conscience should your opponents continue to bet under threat of a further check raise.