Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Re: I Feel the 2006 Elections Were DIRTY.....

I guess he forgot about Florida in 2000. Just a coincidence that Bush's brother ran the state and Harris was given perks following the stolen election. These righties crack me up again and again.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:50 AM

You're a smart guy, but come on. statments like:

[ QUOTE ]
.... I have maintained that voter fraud is a crime that the American Democratic Party has a vitual monopoly on

[/ QUOTE ]

make you sound like a blind partisan fluffer. Being a lib/conservative or dem/republican makes one no less suseptible to deviant behavoir. The contant powergrab is acidic to the moral constitution of all political affiliations.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:00 PM

2000 Election
Old 11-09-2006, 12:05 PM

Crime is like icebergs? No. Crime is icebergs. Goddamn icebergs.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:14 PM

Remember, OP said "every time." The deciding vote in the 2000 presidential election was cast by a person who, upon hearing that Al Gore had won the election said, "Oh, no."

Voting is like gambling: wherever there's voting, there'll be cheating.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:27 PM

I don't think this particular election was dirty, but I figured I'd throw fuel on Felix's fire:

The race for Cook County (Chicago) Board President got a little hot election night. The results were very slow coming in; late yesterday, 160 precincts still hadn't reported. GOP candidate Tony Peraica and his supporters weren't happy with this, they thought the fix was in. At 2 AM on election night, Peraica and his supporters walked and took taxis over to the County Clerk's office in downtown Chicago where they were counting the votes, demanding to know what was going on. About 50 people were banging on the doors, demanding to be let in.

Security guards backed up by Sheriff's officers relented and let them in, but held the mob off while Peraica talked to the clerk. Supporters of machine Democrat Todd Stroger heard about this and drove over to the Clerk's office. A minor brawl broke out between the two camps outside the building and a few punches were thrown. While this is going on, some Peraica supporters snuck around to the back of the building where they were bringing the votes in. They accosted the poll workers and seized some ballot boxes and even opened a few before the Sheriff shooed them away and restored order. Peraica left threatening lawsuits, but he conceeded late yesterday.

Chicago Tribune
Old 11-09-2006, 12:29 PM

The Florida Legislature's Duty

No partisan politics involved in the Florida Supreme Court decisions in the 2000 election, sure.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:39 PM

You might want to look into purchasing an outfit like this. Democrats are sending out rays, man. Protect yourself.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:46 PM

I think you are mistaken - with 99% of the votes counted Webb had already passed Allen. "With 99 percent of the vote counted, Webb has a slim lead of less than 2,400 votes out of 2.3 million cast". I am not sure where you saw Allen leading with 99.6%???? I was up watching until 2AM and I saw Webb leading before 99%.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:06 PM

Stop whining. The GOP lost.

Not to worry. Karl Rove is still in the line up and he is batting 3 of 4 so far which is damn good.

Voter 'fraud', cheating, and influence are an American Tradition. Washington started it all by giving out free whisky on Election Day. He was one wise and pragmatic guy.

-Zeno