Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Why can\'t I enjoy weed like everyone else?

For me it's more just physical unpleasantness (to put it mildly). I don't start losing memory or anything, and understand exactly what is going on - nothing like being drunk. The sensations I get of complete numbness and a physical "strobing" are the most horrible things I have ever experienced.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:39 AM

I was a huge pothead for a couple years, then quit for a couple. Now I get super [censored] up on a very small amount. I'd try just smoking really lightly. A big bong hit would pretty much cripple me now.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:40 AM

I don't have an answer to your question, but I bet if you did a couple hits of nitrous after a couple of hits of weed it really rock your world. You should try it and post a trip report.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:41 AM

I want to hunt you down and poop on you for your avatar.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:50 AM

I haven't had weed for 3 months and I miss it. Wish I could connect again. I'm old. [censored].
Old 11-09-2006, 02:51 AM

OP: Why did you post from a gimmick account?
Old 11-09-2006, 02:58 AM

try smoking less. sometimes weed will trip me out some and i smoke nearly everyday. drinking and smoking at the same time is a good combo. i rarely get paranoid when i'm drunk and ghigh. i [censored] love weed though. it so much fun to smoke wee d and do something like dance or ride a bike. doing something while your high makes it a lot less likely that you'll trip out. keep in mind there's always a learning curve with drugs.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ive smoked weed three times. All three times were very intense -- two of them are combined with mild hallucinations and vomiting. What's wrong with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that the two times you puked there was tobacco mixed in with the bud, and if you're not used to weed in the first place adding tobacco is not a good idea.

Also, as a beginner, a bong probably [censored] you up too much. Smoking a joint (not a spliff) or smoking out of a pipe should give you a more reasonable high.

GL and don't give up on the weed too soon.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to be a daily smoker about 6 years ago and I loved weed. After a long break, occasionally I would try to smoke and every time I would trip out and get depressed or very anxious. I really think that as my tolerance disappeared just a little bit of weed would be too much. Now, every now and then, I take a baby hit and feel good. By baby hit I mean about 1/5th or even 1/10th of a "regular" weed toke. Try that. If after 5 or 10 minutes you don't feel anything, try a baby hit again. Works for me.

It seems that every pot head loves nothing better than to try to make non-regular smokers smoke a sh*t load of weed with them. Very bad idea. Weed is a drug that you can build a huge tolerance with and a baby hit for you could equate to a whole blunt for a regular smoker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post and advice. I was also a daily/heavy smoker for years and quit after college(last May), I have smoked twice since and have gotten uncomfortably high.

Take one small rip and try to do it at a place where you are 100% comfortable, like your house. Have activities planned like a movie or video game and try not to focus on the fact that you are high.

ps: its fun to browse 2p2 when high [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2006, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For me it's more just physical unpleasantness (to put it mildly). I don't start losing memory or anything, and understand exactly what is going on - nothing like being drunk. The sensations I get of complete numbness and a physical "strobing" are the most horrible things I have ever experienced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get this. Numbness, and horrible blood throbbing like I can feel my heartbeat in every part of my body. Very unpleasant. If I smoke a lot of weed I hurl.