Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 12:01 AM

Default SB question

Just a quick opinion poll everyone...
Reads aside, if you are in the SB, and your hand is less than adequate(anywhere from 72o to Q2s), when do you decide if its ok to call the 1/2 bet. ie. it must be folded around to you, or only 1 or 2 limpers to you, etc.

The reason I ask, I've been reviewing my stats, and I lose the most money when in the small blind. Yes, even more than when in the big blind.

I'm thinking its hapening because I've been all to happy to see a flop for that 1/2 bet. I've been increasing my requirements a great deal lately, but I was wondering what the general consesus was.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:30 AM

Default Re: SB question

I never openlimp the sb, there are probably situations where its profitable though(against ultra loose passives for example).
Old 11-09-2006, 12:37 AM

Sometimes I drop it, sometimes I raise. Depends on reads, image, etc.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:20 AM

Pretty much anytime I think the hand is playable enough given the situation. If there's a bunch of limpers, I might complete with some connectors, or if just the button limped in, I might complete with something as low as K9 (leak?). I'd be all too happy to toss anything that doesn't have any high card value and anything that won't flop at least a good draw.

If it's folded around to me, though, it's fold or raise.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:02 AM

until you have a lot of confidence in your play, you should not be playing the SB unless you have better cards than you would need to play from CO or Button.

why you ask?

because no matter what happens, when you play from SB you are going to have to act first on every subsequent round .. .thats a terrible terrible disadvantage.

there are times when its profitable to limp at SB, but i think if you arent yet good enough to recognize those spots you need to either raise or fold it. you probably shouldnt be playing anything but aq ak and pairs from the sb (probably bb also) and if it hasnt been raised by the time it gets to you, you should raise it.