Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 09:53 PM

Default Gambling Addiction problem?

Alright, I'm new to this forum, so I hope this is where I should post this.

My friend "bluffking21" on Fulltilt isn't really a bad poker player, but he never really had a bankroll, I staked him in a 26$ tournament, and he did well, and eventually got an 8k bankroll from all of his winnings. All of this happened in about 2 weeks time, and the entire time i tried to tell him while he had 2k, not to play 75$ buyins (but he did anyway) and when he had 7k not to play 150$ buyins. For some reason he couldn't follow this and always had to play a higher limit. But then when his bankroll hit it's peak at about 8k, he sat at 10/20 limit (we decided he should never play cash cuz he could tilt too easily) I go to sleep wake up, he tilted off 4k of his bankroll and cashed out the rest... then put 1k back on, is there any advice you can give me to give him to prevent him from doing this? (he tilted at 10/20nl) I mean I think I said all I could say, do you think he just has an addiction and theres no help? Or do you think he can come through and be able to hold a bankroll longer than 2 weeks.

Thanks for any advice,(also I ask because I won 1k there about the same time he did, and it was gone in 2 days @ 8/16 stud tables after having won 1k in a 26 HORSE multi... so I have the exact same problem he does)
Old 11-08-2006, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Gambling Addiction problem?

He tilted off 4k and you're posting asking for help? Sometimes I think people forget we all ARE gambling, no matter what your cards are. He already knows his limitations, if it takes him another -10k to learn it, so be it. His problem.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:03 PM

alright, well, its the same goes for me too, just on a lower level....so you think just eventually we'll mature and learn our lesson? Hope that happens soon
Old 11-08-2006, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alright, well, its the same goes for me too, just on a lower level....so you think just eventually we'll mature and learn our lesson? Hope that happens soon

[/ QUOTE ]
It's user-dependant. Taking shots at higher limits is not the problem. It's continuing to play there and donking off all your monies. I reccomend you don't "learn the hard way" though, just play where you should and work your way up, then you won't have to worry about anything other than your game.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:35 PM

I top all you mother f'rs when i have a losing session in 20/40 I run upstares to the blackjack tables..
Old 11-08-2006, 11:59 PM

If you are backing him, you should have cashed out all the money as soon as he started playing $75s with only $2000.