Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Some of you affiliates are really annoying

Ask you affiliate of choice for a bonus code to make sure you are tracked properly. There is a way to determine if you are being tracked from an earlier click. If you can enter the bonus code then you aren't tracked to someone else. If you can't enter the bonus code then are being tracked and need to delete your cookies.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask you affiliate of choice for a bonus code to make sure you are tracked properly. There is a way to determine if you are being tracked from an earlier click. If you can enter the bonus code then you aren't tracked to someone else. If you can't enter the bonus code then are being tracked and need to delete your cookies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and then you run into the problem I talked about above...

KoW
Old 11-08-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KoW

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah thanks. I will have to look deeper and try this again. It worked in the past with that method.

Isn't 27% the best on the net? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2006, 04:56 PM

I use Firefox for my normal surfing. Reading about rakeback offers etc. Then when it is time to actually sign in I start internet explorer and use it for signing in and for nothing else. No cookie problems.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be nice and not out this one by name except to say they offer "an extra $150" on top of the regular signup bonus on Full Tilt and they also advertise here on 2+2. Here is why I won't sign up with you... for anything:

1) When you try to find more information about this extra bonus and where it comes from - surprise! Nothing to be found.

2) Even bigger reason. I click on something FT related, thinking I'll get additional information and, surprise! I'm sent straight to the FT website (with one of your cookies installed on my computer now I'm sure.)

I freaking hate sites that do stuff like this and I know this site isn't the only one. All you affiliates that do sneaky misdirection like this, stop! It only makes us more determined not to sign up with you. I immediately left this affiliates site.

How do I ensure I'm rid of this affiliate so I can sign up with a trustworthy affiliate? I've heard deleting cookies and temp files doesn't always work and I don't want to get screwed out of rakeback by Full Tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not post who the affiliate is? If they're doing this stuff that causing extra hassles, then tell everyone who they are. Maybe some publicizing of their practices will encourage them to stop.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KoW

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah thanks. I will have to look deeper and try this again. It worked in the past with that method.

Isn't 27% the best on the net? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, and there's no rakeback on Party. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

KoW
Old 11-09-2006, 03:24 AM

Isn't 27% the best on the net?

LOL. If you're not getting 30% like everybody else, well... must be because you deserve to get 27% [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2006, 08:35 AM

I think site mandated caps suck but I can live. UB realized they needed to up their % to attract more players. If people start moving over from FT, I'm sure you'll see a similar response. I'm not going to take a chance of going from 27% to 0% just for an extra 3%; especially now that U.S. poker playing choices have narrowed recently.

On a different note, that new flash ad from Rakebreak.com in all black with the countdown timer is quite effective. Very eye catching.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why not post who the affiliate is? If they're doing this stuff that causing extra hassles, then tell everyone who they are. Maybe some publicizing of their practices will encourage them to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point I was getting at is a lot of affiliates do this, not just this one in particular. I'll also mention that the affiliates that are generally straightforward about when you're being sent to a site also tend to be the larger, more respected affiliates on this forum. I'm sure it's not a coincidence.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:18 PM

If anyone is worried about cookies most spyware programs will take care of that. To clean the registry use a program like registry mechanic.

Nothing anyone puts on your computer cant be removed.