FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Re: WPEX is rigged 100%

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im not good enough to beat WPEX 65%
Rampant collusion at higher limits make games tougher 20%
Site security issues 15%

Thats my viewpt and its definately open for criticism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this is a reasonable way to look at it. I would not be at all surprised if team play goes on at times on WPEX and on every site. WPEX might be extra tasty for a couple or few dishonest players to work together because of the rakeback accruing to every member of the team.

[ QUOTE ]
The few times i emailed support about potential collustion they requested specific hand histories which are impossible to give to them because of the lack of names in the hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I do not buy. The current and last hand numbers are displayed on the upper right corner. The hand histories are all available on your hard drive. You mean you can't take 2 seconds to write down a suspicious hand number? You can't go back and find that hand where your top pair aces got cracked and it felt like you were being team played?

Anyone who thinks they are being colluded against needs to take the tiny amount of time to record a hand number or two and send it to support. Otherwise how in the heck can they do anything about it?

B.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are playing 2 tables of 20/40 or so and getting ur ass handed to you the last thing you are thinking is man i should really write these hand histories numbers down to email support. Its usually after a pattern of behavior over 100s of hands that makes you suspicious. Then how do you go back and analyze each hand...you cant. Sorry i dont keep my trusty number 2 pencil and notepad in one hand and the mouse in the other while i play...On any other site i could just look across sessions and see if the same people always sit/play together. With wpex you cant...if that makes me lazy fine but that is what happened.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But of all honesty, Wsex software is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the latest update they seem to have finally conquered the disconnect and software lag issues. And they added 6-max. And they fixed the Omaha Hi/Lo bug.

I think the software is fine: fast and stable, I like it now at least as much as I like Stars slow software. With the holdemreview mod I like it much better than Stars.

B.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:52 PM

The mear fact that this has to be the first "online poker is Rigged post" that there has been no major flamming, and some acutual agreement(probably about 50% agreement) tells me something is not right there.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These kind of threads always generate plenty of traffic, but is there really any good purpose in letting the losers spam the site with unsubstantiated 'It's rigged' posts while locking the winner's threads who try to say 'Thank you, WPEX'????????? This presents an unbalanced negative view to casual readers of the Zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take the opposite view.

A "thank you" thread can't go very far.

A "rigged" thread aimed at a specific site is open to much debate, and, unless the accusers show some hard evidence, as against "feelings" of something being wrong, in fact, it usually strengthens the much more likely position that that site in particular and most sites in general are not rigged in any way.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who thinks they are being colluded against needs to take the tiny amount of time to record a hand number or two and send it to support. Otherwise how in the heck can they do anything about it?

[/ QUOTE ]On any other site i could just look across sessions and see if the same people always sit/play together. With wpex you cant...if that makes me lazy fine but that is what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand, and that is a drawback of the current hand history format. But now that you are aware of the issue, it wouldn't be so hard to jot down a number or two if you were to play there again and get that feeling, would it?

Of course at WPEX 10/20+ you are definitely going to find the same players playing together because the pool is so small.

I encourage anyone who feels like they are getting played to report it. Take the 30 seconds.

I'll mention again another option for hand histories that will still prevent HUDs but will allow full hand histories with player names. Implement a system like Noble Poker uses. Full access to an excellent hand history viewer while seated at the table, but nothing is written to hard drive until the table session ends. Combine that with a clearly written ban on HUDs and you should prevent the vast majority from using them, even if it might be possible to do so with some extra programming, as it is now.

B.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A "rigged" thread aimed at a specific site is open to much debate, and, unless the accusers show some hard evidence, as against "feelings" of something being wrong, in fact, it usually strengthens the much more likely position that that site in particular and most sites in general are not rigged in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you are right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
B
Old 11-08-2006, 03:08 PM

Or could it be that players who are lacking HUD's and depend on them too much when multi-tabling other sites find it difficult to multi-table or not without a HUD to serve as a crutch to actual observing of play.

I doubt any poker player would admit to this. Especially ones that are used to winning.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:09 PM

Poker really [censored] up your mind, Kurosh, you should quit for your own good. You know better than this, take a break and then read your posts and you will see how far fetched your claims are.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or could it be that players who are lacking HUD's and depend on them too much when multi-tabling other sites find it difficult to multi-table or not without a HUD to serve as a crutch to actual observing of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nail on head
Old 11-08-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nail on head

[/ QUOTE ]

you need a brain implant if you think that makes sense.