Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Look at me, Im not moving up.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My day the other night. How can I leave ?

[/ QUOTE ]
bc if you were at the stakes you should be at after that many hands/consistently winning, that session would be more like +$12k or something

[/ QUOTE ]

he won like $1.2k in 4k hands, thats about as good as it gets. duh.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im guessin uve spent a fair amount of that if it goes back to april. whats ur roll at? if its more than 5 digits u should prolly be ashamed u havent moved up yet

[/ QUOTE ]

my bankroll is at 5 digits because i have ran so good few weeks. and the money won from poker is pretty much untouched at my bankaccount. and the money won from 100nl is only part of my winnings from poker. You think i moved up quickly from 10nl, 25nl and 50nl. lol im a freaak
Old 11-08-2006, 11:43 AM

Full ring is not where the skill is IMHO. Shorthanded games get much more aggressive when you move up, but full ring not so much. I don't see any reason not to move up.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:58 AM

don't read sklansky's book, "Poker Gaming and Life," which has a section discussing two people - one who moves up and one who doesn't.

if you do, you will become very depressed at how much money you've lost out on.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full ring is not where the skill is IMHO. Shorthanded games get much more aggressive when you move up, but full ring not so much. I don't see any reason not to move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even full ring gets harder of course, especially at the real high stakes, but there is a lot of truth in that. Anyone with good basics who kills $100NL could expect to do OK at full ring a fair bit higher up. However, at the high stakes short handed tables some players who made good money lower down playing tight ABC full ring over lots of tables would get eaten alive. Some can adjust but obviously not everyone.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet every 10 min you check your cashier... don't. Check it at the end of the day. go to NL200 make money

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard anyone state this before, but this is exactly what I do. I know for an absolute fact it hinders my game and I try not to, but it is hard. Especially when i get bad beated i'll check it constantly. This type of thing and poor BR management have stopped me from becoming a much better player.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:52 PM

Please move up.

If you lose 2k in a day it sucks, but you will get used to it. There is always a 'desensitization' period (for me at least) when moving up stakes. Once you realize how much more money you are making, the $2k+ losses will seem like small bumps in the road.