Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 01:00 AM

Default i like to post hands where i fold

villain is loose and passive overall, but has a few tricks up his sleeve when he gets tilty.

he's coldcalled a few raises and folded on the flop already, which influenced my preflop play.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Guruman is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Guruman raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Guruman caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Guruman bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Guruman bets</font>, SB calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Guruman folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: 7.5BB
Old 11-08-2006, 02:38 AM

Default Re: i like to post hands where i fold

I don't get this hand.

Why cap vs. a loose passive? He's coldcalled and folded but doesn't say 3 bet and folded the flop.

Why bet the turn if he's a flop folder? It seems terrible unless you are betting the river, and that seems worse than giving up. What are you expecting him to fold?

River fold is a no brainer unless you're considering raising, but that seems bad b/c he's loose passive.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:04 AM

River is mainly a fold with the occasional raise. Looks like a pair lower than a king.
Given your read and my preflop capp I really want to raise the river fold to a three bet.This is often a bet fold play by someone who puts you on AK or better and has say JJ.
Raise baby!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:26 AM

loose passives call with any pair here 99% of time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2006, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
villain is loose and passive overall, but has a few tricks up his sleeve when he gets tilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wonder about reads like this. It seems like the second part is often tacked on so we can justify making marginal to bad plays. It seems like were just trying to guess when the player has broken his loose passive mold and is trying to make a move, but by there very nature, loose passives very rarely make moves.

If I was convinced a player was tilting, I'd just call him down with a showdownable hand.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

he's coldcalled a few raises and folded on the flop already, which influenced my preflop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) He didn't cc your raise, he 3-bet you
2) He didn't fold the flop, he called

I think you can check behind on the turn and fold on the river UI.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:53 AM

Loose/passives never believe what you're representing (assuming they even understand that you're representing something). Even less so if they're tilting. So in that light, the only street where I really like your play is the river...except that I don't think you should have seen it.

I can maybe sign off on the preflop cap, being that you have position on him postflop...although I think just calling the 3bet is vastly superior &amp; then folding to a flop bet when you miss. Given the cap, okay...fire off the cbet on the flop. But once he calls that bet, betting the turn is just spewage when you've missed this badly. If you think he's tilting, check through and call a bet on the river.

I obviously have no way of knowing if this is correct, but I've always assumed that when loose/passives coldcall a raise preflop &amp; fold to my continuation bet, it's because they're holding an any two suited kind of hand that missed completely.