Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 08:08 AM

Default Betting into passives.....

Button is 31/6/.3 over about 90 hands.

I think my PFR is a little loose, but whatever.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 2 players)
hero checks, Button checks.

Results:
Final pot: 7.5BB

Are there any other lines to take against this guy? I was planning to c/f the river.....
Old 11-07-2006, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Betting into passives.....

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any other lines to take against this guy? I was planning to c/f the river.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems passive enough, but not particularly loose. In which case, I think check/fold turn is a pretty good option, at least with A7.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems passive enough, but not particularly loose. In which case, I think check/fold turn is a pretty good option, at least with A7.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just feel I have the best hand often enough to bet this turn, not to mention fold equity (maybe not too much equity with this guy). If he checks behind on the turn are we b/fing river? c/c river?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:49 AM

I like the turn bet. You're almost never getting raised, and even a passive will bet an overpair on the turn in which case you have ~6 outs and should almost be putting a bet in anyway. There are quite a few worse hands out.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just feel I have the best hand often enough to bet this turn, not to mention fold equity (maybe not too much equity with this guy). If he checks behind on the turn are we b/fing river? c/c river?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the numbers are right, I don't think you have the best hand all that often--31% VPIP isn't really loose at all, it's just that he seems passive enough to coldcall with all kinds of better aces or pocket pairs. Plus as passive as he is he's almost certainly not betting with a worse hand when you check to him on the turn nor is he folding a better one when you bet, so let him give you the free card at your 7 outer.

If he checks behind, I still like check/fold unimproved on the river. Unless you've taken this line a lot already on the table/vs. him, in which case maybe check/call or bet/fold as a changeup.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:19 PM

Am I the only one that wants to c/f the flop? 4 players, medium pot, reverse implied odds, ect.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that wants to c/f the flop? 4 players, medium pot, reverse implied odds, ect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2006, 05:39 AM

I would also check/fold this flop, you won't make 3 other people fold their hand on such a coordinated flop. So the bet doesn't have enough FE and it sure isn't for value imo. I think you got lucky when 2 actually folded [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As played I think betting is ok, he could have called with 2 overcards and fold them since he is on the tight side. This should be the last bet you are putting in though.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Are there any other lines to take against this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

c/f turn.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Are there any other lines to take against this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

c/f turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would we check fold the turn when 1)we may have the best hand 2) we have an over card and 3) on the turn we have a double gutshot to a straight?