Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 01:28 AM

Default 3/6 How Much Action With TPTK?

Same table as my other post--not feeling too good so I'm only 1-tabling at the time. My image is rock-like, a combination of cold cards and playing a little scared after a recent downswing.

UTG+1 is unknown, but has looked very much like your typical loose/passive over about 10 hands. BB is 69/11/2.8 over 150+ hands, all from this session. She loves to bluff, any street with any two cards, but has pretty normal PFR standards and will normally only bet/call or raise/call with her bluff attempts (or bet/fold on the river). I've caught her several times on bluffs, each time just calling down, and am well ahead from our heads up hands.

At what point do I start believing that she might really have a set here, or aces up, here?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.5SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero...?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:07 AM

Default Re: 3/6 How Much Action With TPTK?

BB's line tells me he's got at least TP. His flop line tells me he's got at least 2-pair or an overplayed AK. Given the pot size, I think you have to call down from here.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:14 AM

I call down here. After you capped pf and 3 bet flop villain has to know that you aren't going anywhere. If she has AQ/AJ so be it, you're still getting another 2 BB from her. I don't like getting into a raising war here because we can't ever fold.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:22 AM

Call it down.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:54 AM

I am just calling down from after the flop and I am not laying TPTK down to this type of player. Period.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not laying TPTK down to this type of player. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding was absolutely not an option here. Mainly just debating the calldown line vs. putting in another raise somewhere, and wondering if the turn or the river was a good place to do it...she had bet/folded against me and others before on the river.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:52 AM

Flop looks fine IMO.

I call down after the flop. Raising and getting three-bet on one of the big streets really sucks, since we can't fold this hand IMO.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:43 AM

call down, you may have some hidden outs against his 2 pair.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:57 AM

I like the flop 3-bet. when she leads the turn it's a call down. Raising the turn gets you 3-bet by better hands and maybe even a chop (and you still have to call down), but slows down worse hands which may fold on the river. Let her keep betting her worse hands when she has them and get to showdown cheap when you're behind.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

and wondering if the turn or the river was a good place to do it...she had bet/folded against me and others before on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is precisely the reason to NOT raise on the river. The only hands she's folding are worse hands. She's rarely calling with worse hands (maybe AQ or AJ) and she's almost always raising better hands, and the ones she doesn't raise she calls. You stand to lose a lot more with a river raise.