Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 04:53 AM

Default Re: GOP OVERPLAYED HAND WITH GAMBLING BILL

He shot those 10 girls last week, didn't you hear?
Old 11-08-2006, 04:57 AM

If he hadn't had a gun, he could have been easily stopped from harming any of those little girls.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The real problem is the two-party system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly
Old 11-08-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little suprised at the proportion of Democrats who voted for it though (thanks for the link). But I also think a lot less than 90% of the Republicans who voted for it really cared that much about the issue. But just before an election when ALL of the House members need votes, who's going to defend online gambling when it's already not legal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that laws make online gambling "not legal", and that our elected officials should support law enforcement, shouldn't you be surprised that 40% of Dems and 10% of Reps voted to not help with enforcement?
Old 11-08-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
obv noone knows who nancy pelosi is. If you want someone who hates america running the country, vote democrat because that is what is at stake. This could be the second worst thing that could possibly happen to this country, only to hilary clinton getting in office. I will [censored] move to sweden.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, i know Nancy Pelosi hates America...that's obvious. But we're not voting in CA...do all democrats hate america? or is it just that with nancy as speaker, they will be powerless to thwart her plans?

For those that don't live in CA, Nancy Pelosi actually campaigns here on two slogans:
1) I Hate America, and
2) San Francisco Views (proper pronunciation involves a stereotypically gay lisp, and prolongation of 'views'.

On a related matter...does the south still want to seccede? I know it seemed like a bad idea at the time, but...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, i know Nancy Pelosi hates America...that's obvious.

Statements like this are just moronic. Why do you think statements like these exist and where do they come from? Do you really think she 'hates' America?

No, this is a direct result of her opposition to Bush and the the wonderful Evangilistic Right Wing Republican thought system in our country today. It's the same as the 'If your not religious your not moral' crap in our Government. The thought process is if you don't support Bush, then you don't support America because if your not Christian your not American. She doesn't support Bush and therefore has been deemed anti-American by a lot of biased media avenues.

I am not a big supporter of hers, but I am not going to agree with that idiotic statement that she hates America. I am on the fence about her at the moment and am waiting to see how she handles her new position.

HOWEVER, the biggest positive result from all of the elections has got to be the resigning/firing of Rumsfeld. What a great day for America.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
obv noone knows who nancy pelosi is. If you want someone who hates america running the country, vote democrat because that is what is at stake. This could be the second worst thing that could possibly happen to this country, only to hilary clinton getting in office. I will [censored] move to sweden.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, i know Nancy Pelosi hates America...that's obvious. But we're not voting in CA...do all democrats hate america? or is it just that with nancy as speaker, they will be powerless to thwart her plans?

For those that don't live in CA, Nancy Pelosi actually campaigns here on two slogans:
1) I Hate America, and
2) San Francisco Views (proper pronunciation involves a stereotypically gay lisp, and prolongation of 'views'.

On a related matter...does the south still want to seccede? I know it seemed like a bad idea at the time, but...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, i know Nancy Pelosi hates America...that's obvious.

Statements like this are just moronic. Why do you think statements like these exist and where do they come from? Do you really think she 'hates' America?

No, this is a direct result of her opposition to Bush and the the wonderful Evangilistic Right Wing Republican thought system in our country today. It's the same as the 'If your not religious your not moral' crap in our Government. The thought process is if you don't support Bush, then you don't support America because if your not Christian your not American. She doesn't support Bush and therefore has been deemed anti-American by a lot of biased media avenues.

I am not a big supporter of hers, but I am not going to agree with that idiotic statement that she hates America. I am on the fence about her at the moment and am waiting to see how she handles her new position.

HOWEVER, the biggest positive result from all of the elections has got to be the resigning/firing of Rumsfeld. What a great day for America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Statements like this are only moronic to those who can't detect wild hyperbole or sarcasm that's so obvious it almost loses it's humor.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:11 PM

Arahant....

The intent was towards the previous poster that said:

'If you want someone who hates america running the country'

not towards you. I took your statement instead of the one above to make the point. I guess it kind of came out wrong, plus I'm at work doing this during lunch! My post should have started with the above statement instead of yours, sorry I was a little rushed.

You obviously get my point and should know where it was directed.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:07 AM

Yeah, because everything else is so objective.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:05 AM

Pelosi vows to get poker a carve out add on to the bill to be voted on to impeach Bush in January.

Source HERE

I love women!