Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Nut flush vs. scary river

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($11)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($12.95)</font>
UTG+1 ($10)
MP1 ($5.40)
MP2 ($5.95)
CO ($9.30)
Button ($7.10)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($7.05)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.90) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, UTG calls $1.

Turn: ($2.90) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.6</font>, UTG calls $0.60.

River: ($4.10) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks??

I just sat down at this table...hasnt been 1 orbit yet. How do you like my river check? my intention would be to check raise all in.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Nut flush vs. scary river

Your turn bet is gross, just gross. You should be betting more on the turn than on the flop, not less. Bet at least $2 there. As played, just value bet the river, villain is calling with a ton of hands that he would just check behind with after your check.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:06 AM

&lt;== Low limit player myself.

Preflop: Most here would say raise to .50 preflop. I don't think that matters in the long run though. I like the raise though. AKs is certainly a good hand to bring to war.

Flop: Gutshot strait draw might be live outs, 4 to the nut flush and maybe even two live overs. Somewhere from 9-19 outs. I love a bet here, and your $1 is great.

Turn: Gin. You're out of position and you're bet isn't even a half pot bet. Whatever he called with on the flop, make him pay on the turn as well. $2 is what i would bet here. (2/3s pot bet).

River: Board just paired, and you lost the nuts, but now that you don't have the nuts, you want to check raise all in? I think your ahead a lot of the time here, but no need to get tricky here. I think a half pot bet to a 2/3s bet is fine here, and if he filled up to a house on the end, good catch...reload.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:10 AM

Sorry..forget to mention the turn bet was a mistake. started to move the raise bar, then decided on c/r instead. hit the raise by accident i guess..
Old 11-08-2006, 01:15 AM

This is one of those rare hands that should have played itself.

When you get the nuts, don't worry about getting fancy at this level. Bet, bet, and value bet.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:00 AM

This is an easy value bet. He will call with hands we beat but probably not bet them himself. I think narrowing his range to strictly a set on the flop is ick. Value betting here gains value from lower flushes/9s/etc.