Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2006, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Ethics of Shortstacking the 2k

[ QUOTE ]
When I sit down in a ring game I want to play real poker, not two card poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why God gave us limit.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
55 is a favorite HU all in preflop vs. AK. that is all. And no, I think short stacks are weak and unskilled.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be a costly assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not advocating pushing small pp's pf. Just making a statement of fact

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, my post was unclear. I mean to say that assuming short stack players are unskilled turds can end up being costly.

[/ QUOTE ]

them also assuming that I don't know what they doing or what their strategy is can be costly (to them)
Old 02-02-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been at a table where you have 5 players fully stacked, there to play poker at that limit. Someone buys in for the minimum and starts pusing with any pair, AK-AJ.

According to the FTOP, isn't this a good thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?
Old 02-02-2006, 07:17 PM

I'm guessing that since the shortstack pushes with such a narrow range it's like he's playing with his cards face-up, and thus the other players can easily make correct FTOP decisions.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:25 PM

Even if my hand is painfully obvious, they still paid me off with inferior holdings. And these are the higher stakes players on party.

Also, situations commonly exist where they can make the correct decision yet we both get allin with +EV due to the fact that there is alot of dead money in there from the callers.

I think this strategy isnt given enough consideration on this forum, and there is serious cash to be made by correctly implementing it, especially given how agressive the 2k game has become in the last few months and the fact that there are many 30/15 if not 40/20 players out there who get killed by this style.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been at a table where you have 5 players fully stacked, there to play poker at that limit. Someone buys in for the minimum and starts pusing with any pair, AK-AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you make a mistake when you know exactly how your opponent plays his hands?
Old 02-03-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you make a mistake when you know exactly how your opponent plays his hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because knowing the hand range hes pushing with you know the your odds of winning is somwhere in the range of 5% - 93%, therefor theres no way you can make a mistake?
Old 02-03-2006, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because knowing the hand range hes pushing with you know the your odds of winning is somwhere in the range of 5% - 93%, therefor theres no way you can make a mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a retard.

Maybe you will change your post, but I thought it would be worth quoting it for the world to see.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been at a table where you have 5 players fully stacked, there to play poker at that limit. Someone buys in for the minimum and starts pushing with any pair, AK-AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because knowing the hand range hes pushing with you know the your odds of winning is somewhere in the range of 5% - 93%, therefor theres no way you can make a mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a retard.

Maybe you will change your post, but I thought it would be worth quoting it for the world to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soko,

See that question mark on the end? Its looking for an explanation. You see soko, regular people use a question mark to make a sentence into a question.

You then reply by calling me a retard. Thats a very good explanation.

A little hint. To you all this sarcasm, accusations that posters are stupid, and name calling, shows how cool/smart you are.

But to anyone with average intelligence, they see what is blatantly obvious. Your incredibly insecure.

I feel sorry for you. Its sad to see someone have such a low esteem they have a need to put others down to feel better about themself.

Example:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Never played anything near that limit so can't comment on that level.

I depsize when players come to the 100NL table with $20. Then preflop fold, fold, fold, ....... ALL-IN. Fold ..... ALL-IN.
You've raised up your AK, got one caller, then some short stacked jackass in the blinds always wants to make it a race of it with his 55. I guess they prefer poker over bingo.

But I put the blame solely on the poker site. The buy in limits should be 50-100BB. Mabey minimum 40x bb.

[/ QUOTE ]3

This especially sucks when you have him dominated like when you're holding a bigger pocket pair, ya know? I hate when people push with garbage, let me just keep winning the blinds!!

(sarcasm)

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of a response is that?

A normal response would be:

"This shouldn't bug you, there are some good +EV opportunities you can cash in on such as......"

Instead, you put me down, act childish, and believe it actually makes you look good for doing it.

I have no hard feelings towards you, But for now I'm just going to put you on ignore.

Good luck to you
Old 02-03-2006, 03:11 PM

For the record I only put you down so I can laugh at myself. I don't expect respect from any of you.