Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 01:53 AM

Default Kem Card Problem

Ordered my 1st two decks of Kem arrows on ebay a few weeks ago and introduced them into my homegame. After a couple of rotations however, we spotted one card with a mis-aligned pattern on the back . I don't know how to describe it other than that the decorative back is almost at an angle in relation to the card itself. The other deck in the box had no imperfections that we could find, and this was the only defective card we found. Has anyone had a similar experience? What is my recourse? Try to go through the dealer I purcased from, and/or are single replacement cards available. Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Kem Card Problem

[ QUOTE ]
Ordered my 1st two decks of Kem arrows on ebay a few weeks ago and introduced them into my homegame. After a couple of rotations however, we spotted one card with a mis-aligned pattern on the back . I don't know how to describe it other than that the decorative back is almost at an angle in relation to the card itself. The other deck in the box had no imperfections that we could find, and this was the only defective card we found. Has anyone had a similar experience? What is my recourse? Try to go through the dealer I purcased from, and/or are single replacement cards available. Thanks for any help you can give.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that it's eBay, the seller is probably your only recourse.

Then again, you might get lucky if you post here
Old 11-05-2006, 03:37 PM

thanks for the response, I like the idea of a card exchange. I'll try the retailer first though and see where I get.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this was the only defective card we found. Has anyone had a similar experience? What is my recourse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming this card isn't old-stock KEM, you can get a replacement deck by sending the damaged card, along with the Ace of Spades to:

Guarantee
The United States Playing Card Company
4590 Beech St.
Cincinnati, OH 45212

I did this when a card from my new-stock KEM set chipped. They sent me a whole new deck, no questions asked, although I did include a polite letter when I sent my damaged card in.

Source:

http://www.usplayingcard.com/uspccon...l#ourguarantee
Old 11-07-2006, 03:16 AM

Called the USPC toll-free number today and was told exactly as you said. Apparently defective cards are not a rarity with their newer decks. We'll see what the turn-around time is. Thanks for the response.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Called the USPC toll-free number today and was told exactly as you said. Apparently defective cards are not a rarity with their newer decks. We'll see what the turn-around time is. Thanks for the response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I would have pointed you to a different post if I'd realized you meant new Kems, rather than old ones (eBay reference made me think old Kems).

We should come up with a term for the new ones- maybe US KEMS vs. KEMS (with Kems being the old ones by Kardwell).
Old 11-07-2006, 09:47 PM

I did this about a month ago when one of my Kem Paisleys broke a corner the second time I used them.
New deck arrived pretty quick - nine days.