Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Floping a wheel

I lost the hand history, but this was roughly the action as I remember.

8 handed limit omaha hi/lo

UTG calls, 3 folds, I call on the CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], button folds, SB completes and BB checks.

Flop comes: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB chacks UTG bets.... My question is whether or not I raise, or go for an overcall. In this case I raised and SB and BB folded. UTG called, and I won two more bets from him on the turn and one on the river. Would I have got more value from my hand from overcalling and letting the blinds try to catch up? This is low-limit BTW, and I have no reads.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Floping a wheel

call. you have no other draws.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:45 PM

I like a call on the flop intending to bet or raise UTG on the turn. At lower limits it's more likely someone is sticking around without the nuts, and the flop was rainbow. Just beware you might be on the dummy end of the high and react accordingly.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:28 PM

I'd call here.
1) You have low sewn up, you want more people to pay you.
2) Low is more often shared than hi, you want more people in the pot so's to lose less when you get quartered
3) you have a back door draw to the nut flush, if you let people draw to the second nut flush, their perception of your "weakness" will let you collect more from them when it hits.

I hate raising with just the low, at low limits, 'cause there's always some nidnod that'll re-raise you with the same low and cost you both money. If I knew they were total 'tards and would raise with worse than the nut low, I'd be more inclined to raise the river, but I think flop and turn you want to try to keep them around.

Regards

Gar
Old 11-10-2006, 03:21 AM

What hand do you raise with in the CO after one limper if you dont raise with this one? Get the money in. You have one of the best starting hands in limit O8.

Calling or raising flop is read dependant. Since you have none, I would lean towards just letting the guy either bluff his money off by calling. If he checks at any point obv bet. Also, it allows the blinds to come along drawing for half.

Tuco.