Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 04:50 PM

Default So why all the hate for Rakebrain?

Just wondering. Correct me if I'm wrong but they're the same company that owns Pokerlistings? And, from what I've read, they're the ones that bought RRR? That's about all I know of them.

I don't recall anyone saying they've been ripped off by them. For that matter, I don't think I've read about anyone signing up with them either. Seems like when they're mentioned all the other affiliates bristle. Not sure why.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:53 PM

Default Re: So why all the hate for Rakebrain?

Ooo this thread is gonna be good.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering. Correct me if I'm wrong but they're the same company that owns Pokerlistings? And, from what I've read, they're the ones that bought RRR? That's about all I know of them.

I don't recall anyone saying they've been ripped off by them. For that matter, I don't think I've read about anyone signing up with them either. Seems like when they're mentioned all the other affiliates bristle. Not sure why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll start. The new owners of RRR lied and said they had no connection to RakeBrain or Pokerlistings.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll start. The new owners of RRR lied and said they had no connection to RakeBrain or Pokerlistings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll continue. After lying about buying RRR they then added themselves to the top of the list at RRR without any warning to the affiliates who paid for that spot. RRNT or TITN if I remember correctly.

Next!

Tuco.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:42 PM

Isn't there a huge thread on this somewhere?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll continue. After lying about buying RRR they then added themselves to the top of the list at RRR without any warning to the affiliates who paid for that spot. RRNT or TITN if I remember correctly.

Next!

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the "new owners" took over they removed us from the site, one day later they bumped us down to 6th place. The explenation given (after 2 weeks) was that they claimed they received an offer they couldnt refuse from Rakebrain. I asked why they didn't just contact us to see if we were willing to match the offer - no answer was ever given.

They also claimed there was a silent auction going on, while their own sites was listed as 1st and 2nd all the time.

A new thread on this is alot better than bringing an old up. There are much more dirt now than in the old thread.

Keep it coming!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:29 PM

Ok, so is it undisputed fact that these are the new owners or are they (the new owners of RRR) still saying they have no connection to Rakebrain?

Point being, I know the RRR buyout was a huge fiasco (that's the huge thread Blowup) but it'd suck if Rakebrain really had no involvement.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so is it undisputed fact that these are the new owners or are they (the new owners of RRR) still saying they have no connection to Rakebrain?

Point being, I know the RRR buyout was a huge fiasco (that's the huge thread Blowup) but it'd suck if Rakebrain really had no involvement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they have had plenty of chances to dispute the fact, but have said nothing(that I am aware of).

Seems kinda odd that the "new" owners as of Nov. 1 have only made one change. Kicking off all the affiliates except RakeBrain and TTRB. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2006, 01:25 AM

its abundantly clear that rakebrain bought RRR, i imagine they wanted to recoup some of their investment by still allowing advertisers for a while. shortly before RRR announced it wont allow advertising, a respected affiliate sent out message to all RRR advertisers stating 'we know what you guys are up to, that no matter what we bid, rakebrain will be listed higher...' many other affilaites responded to the email airing the same concerns. most of the advertisers pulled out for the crookedness of placement, shortly after RRR announced it was no longer allowing advertisers. the email from them)RRR) was comical, it stated they werent receiving as much in advertising income as they had planned which necessitated the change in the site. that seemed odd as they were receiving 5k-7k from the top two advertisers alone, albeit, they were owned by the same people so no money was changing hands. the whole thing is a shammy mess, they acted anonymously when purchasing the site from john, he was proud of RRR as he should be. it was his creation and he wanted its spirit to remain as it changed hands, which i believe(this is my interpretation here) they assured him.

the main problem is that RRR is known to be the unbiased rakeback affiliate directory, and it hasnt been that way since ownership changed hands. so visitors will go to the site, due to its search engine positioning and be recommended only two sites...........

seems we now need a RRDR (rake rebate directories review).................. maybe moondog wants to take up that idea, i think john is busy with his current job [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2006, 02:57 AM

How does a site like RRR get "positioned" well in the major search directories? Is it popularity or a similar kind of bidding process?

How long does it take for a popular site to become unpopular on search engines?