Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 08:51 AM

Default Re: BIG river decision

We have all been focusing on the wacky play of the CO. I think the play of BB argues for a check call line here on river. You are 1st to act, the most obvious draw on the board just hit, and this guy has been calling down the whole way while us and CO have been in a raising war.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot begin to imagine folding for 1 bet in a 22 BB pot, particularly in light of the fact that you may well be ahead.

I think he could have KQ hearts or, as others have said, QQ, or possibly even a lower set. I don't see this as a crying call because QQ is possibly even more likely for a preflop raise (from this tight-ish preflop player) than KQh. That said, he's not going to fold (duh) and it's too risky at this point to go for a value raise, so call. I am very certain that you didn't fold this, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
The bigger the pot THE LESS RISKY a vulue raise is on the river!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:03 AM

*grunch*
Hero vomits and...
insta-calls.
There are 28BB in the pot, so you just have to win 7% of the time in order for your call to be profitable.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:18 PM

No, you wouldn't expect a passive player to cap multiple streets with the worst hand. But the thing is, passive players are often passive because they suck at reading hands. This effect is magnified by such a low PFR because a PFR of SIX usually means they're just waiting for monters...and you don't fold thirty hands to raise with AA and then shut down with it on the flop.

I really want to 3bet/call this river although I'll admit I'd probably have just called in real time. Folding is absurd.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bigger the pot THE LESS RISKY a vulue raise is on the river!

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't true. If you raise/call in a big pot you lose the same amount of money as when you raise/call in a small pot. But if you raise/fold in a big pot you lose more money than when you raise/fold in a small pot, if there was any chance whatsoever that you had the best hand.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:10 PM

Pf call is bad. Lead flop, rest is good. I'm tempted to 3-bet the river. CO has played really strange if he holds a flush. I would be much more scared of a card that pairs the board. However I would probably chicken out and just call.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:44 PM

:g:

I think the pf call is fine. If it was a notorious stealer I think you could 3-bet. Against CO I would just call and be prepared to fold to the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Hero vomits and ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should not play drunkern, but you should take advantage of Vils spew by 3-betting. There is no holding in the world Vil might have that would be likely enough to keep you from putting 4-bets into this river (unless BB suddenly wakes up. Regardless of your read, his play is more scary but when he checks the river...).

CO will flip over AA or possibly QQ (I don't think he has 66 in his range). BB has two cards.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
:g:

I think the pf call is fine. If it was a notorious stealer I think you could 3-bet. Against CO I would just call and be prepared to fold to the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Hero vomits and ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should not play drunkern, but you should take advantage of Vils spew by 3-betting. There is no holding in the world Vil might have that would be likely enough to keep you from putting 4-bets into this river (unless BB suddenly wakes up. Regardless of your read, his play is more scary but when he checks the river...).

CO will flip over AA or possibly QQ (I don't think he has 66 in his range). BB has two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB has two cards? He could have a small flush, a set, 2 pair or you could be chopping with him. I would just call in this spot even though I think a raise is fine as well.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:22 PM

You're probably right, my guess was BB would have raised even a small flush. With a set or chopping, I think he would have joined the action earlier (not that he had to [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).