Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 02:34 PM

Default Re: monitor texas border from your couch

The problem is in where the money is going. Being illegal, you have no SS#, you pay no taxes, you send all the money you make back to your family in the other country, and nothing at all stays here. It all leaves the country.

Doesn't anyone get that?
Old 11-07-2006, 02:35 PM

Alobar,

[ QUOTE ]

yeah I disagree. I dont think they represent an evenly distributed cross section of mexican citizens, otherwise I would agree with you.

These are people that want a better life, that are willing to undertake a potentially deadly journy to get it, that work hard and sacrifice for the benefiet of their family. These are great qualities in a person, the people who have these kind of qualities generally arent the same kind of people that rape and murder. If they wanted to be thugs and criminals they would stay in mexico, they arent coming over here to rape and murder, they are coming over here for a better life. And like i said, I think they are less likely to commit any sort of crime, because they know if they get caught they get deported. If I marched through the desert in 100+ degree heat, and made it to the other side, I sure as hell wouldnt make that all for not.

These are all assumptions on my part obviously, as I have zero data one way or the other, but when i think of an illegal alien, I dont think of a poor criminal like I think many americans do, I just think of someone who wants better for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see where your coming from. And I don't want to proclaim that all illegals are murdering rapists. But I don't think your logic that since they risked so much to get here, they wouldn't risk committing crimes once they arrived holds true. It would certainly be the case in many honest workers who just want to keep a low-profile and provide for their families, but not everyone.
Why do any criminals commit crimes? because they think they can get away with it, that's why.

And obviously the wealth of America creates more opportunities for mexican criminals to exploit, much moreso than in Mexico. And I'd rather take my chances with the American Justice system than with the Mexican one.

ok, I think I'm done here. I'll read your retort if you make one, but I don't like to get involved in politcal arguments in casual internet forums.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
based mostly on that fact that poorer nations have higher crime rates.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love a post trying to decry "poor logic" includes such a blatant confounding of variables.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:39 PM

Since when is the main argument that the illegal immegrants would be criminals? There's only so much influx the country can handle. There's laws that establish what that # is. People who break those immigration laws are punished as a deterrent. End of story.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But w/ the older generations, I would assume your grandparents were the same, they worked DAMN hard and never wanted/nor thought they should have, things handed to them.

It's the people that come over here illegally, have 100 babies that I have to pay to feed, clothe and school...while they sit around on their fat [censored] asses, collecting welfare while I work my ass off 60+ hours a week at two jobs. I cant even get my own apartment! My mom had me when she was 19...worked like 5 jobs. They told her she couldnt get help because 'she worked too much' But there were an awful lot of illegals living in the projects w/ no jobs who just kept popping out babies who got all their stuff for free.

There is a real problem w/ the system, and allowing it to continue is ridiculous to me. You get what you work for. Nothing more, nothing less. GO LIBERTARIAN! :P

[/ QUOTE ]

my tenn, you are full of horrible stereotypes. i encourage you to move to austin and see how it really is. the hispanic culture runs many of the small blue collar businesses here and they bust their asses. some of these 1st, 2nd generation and illegals are hard working people doing jobs i couldnt even consider.

remember when we were telling you how hot it gets in austin? it's typically hispanics you see outside roofing houses and doing other construction during july and august. hispanics run parts of the city during those months and i would imagine a chunk of them are illegals. they dont get by by sitting on their butts.

and typically hispanics do have more kids because of many factors, religion being one of them. but people here typically dont live outside of their means.

bwana
Old 11-07-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is in where the money is going. Being illegal, you have no SS#, you pay no taxes, you send all the money you make back to your family in the other country, and nothing at all stays here. It all leaves the country.

Doesn't anyone get that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, then make them legal with SSN and tax returns? They don't choose to be illegals that avoid taxes - the government basically says "if you get past the obstacle course then you may work here and not pay taxes".
Old 11-07-2006, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we're going to sign free trade agreements that allow the free exchange of goods, then you have to open the borders to allow individuals to freely sell their services.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!

Have you ever dealt with NAFTA?

I'm a smallish manufacturer, and NAFTA is without a doubt the biggest crock of [censored] ever. Trading with Mexico is quite possibly the biggest pain in the ass ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. It's neither Free nor easy. Lots of taxes importing/exporting into both Canada and Mexico.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But w/ the older generations, I would assume your grandparents were the same, they worked DAMN hard and never wanted/nor thought they should have, things handed to them.

It's the people that come over here illegally, have 100 babies that I have to pay to feed, clothe and school...while they sit around on their fat [censored] asses, collecting welfare while I work my ass off 60+ hours a week at two jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol xenophobic generalizations

You seem to be a bit out of touch: the sleepy Mexican stereotype is racist, unfair, and untrue. I don't think the illegals are any worse than you or me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not just talking Mexicans (which BTW my grandfather is, and came over here legally). I'm talking any people who want to come over here and pop out babies so they can have government assistance. I'm tired of paying for people BORN HERE as well. Get off your ass, get a job and work for what you need.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't anyone get that?

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU!

The illegals in the US are one of, if not the largest piece in the Mexican GNP pie chart.

Back in high school, I did some bill collecting work for the largest healthcare provider in my state. Not only are these illegal aliens taking your money and sending it to Mexico, but they're using your emergency rooms, running up hundreds of millions of dollars in medical bills, and then telling the provider to shove it up their ass. Who eats that cost? The hospital?! LOL... no, my friend... that would be YOU when you have to go the doctor and he charges you $74 for a band-aid and $117 for an Advil.

Healthcare costs are just one of many areas where you're being screwed by illegal aliens.

And before someone says it... yes I know they're not the only ones who abuse the fact that emergency rooms can't turn people away, but is that a reason to ignore it?
Old 11-07-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get off your ass, get a job and work for what you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of immigrants got here by getting off their asses, coming to America to get a job, and then working for what they needed. So I don't see how this is an argument against immigration, per se. It's an argument against laziness. There's lots of lazy people born in the U.S. that should take your advice as well. It has nothing to do with immigration.