Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what do I do?
You can't let this opportunity pass you by, if she wont come along for the ride you have to leave 82 85.42%
stay there, and try to work things out with her 4 4.17%
open up three tables of omaha and call me in the morning, because i dont know what you should do Tex 10 10.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

I think team 2 is easily coming out ahead on that trade, but it's not something I (or any reasonable person) should veto IMO.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:35 PM

Default Re: *Official Fantasy Football \"What Do You Think of This Trade\" Threa

Bulger, Droughns, S. Moss

For

P. Manning & Boldin

Good or bad for either side?
Old 11-05-2006, 08:44 PM

I personally think the Peyton / Boldin side is coming out good. S. Moss has been very inconsistant this year, Droughns, same. Bulger is good but Peyton is much better and Boldin is better than Moss this year.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:00 PM

spellman,

team two is def. coming out ahead, I wouldnt veto though b/c team 1 is so deep at RB and WR that they are arguably improving their team.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:01 PM

4 high,

manning and boldin side comes out way way ahead.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:11 PM

Thanks for the responses. I am team 1 and agree I am giving up a little, but I am about to go to 4-5 with the 3rd highest points, and drop to 2 games back for the playoff race if reggie wayne gets 3 points (lock for 2 games back). I think it's clear both teams benefit. I'm desperate for a QB who can put up points each week since this is the third game I've lost due to horrible performance by grossman or another QB, and with Tatum's turf toe and now Willis he was desperate for any kind of RB. The deal was originally Holt/Favre for Vick/Evans, but he decided to decline it. Since I don't plan on starting Jones the rest of season barring some kind of injury, tossing him in to get the deal done seemed reasonable. Not sure why, but there are two owners who are really fired up about this.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:57 AM

Need help here. The rest of my team is fine and my running backs are decent but not great. What do you guys think would be a fair trade offer to get a top flight RB.

This team has a LOT of talent but is struggling so I want to make a trade with him. He wants WRs.

My Team:
QB: Peyton
RB: Gore, Green, T. Bell, M. Bell, C. Williams
WR: J. Walker, R. Williams, L. Evans, J. Horn, D. Stallworth
TE: Gates
K: Gould
Def: Chicago and Carolina (I really dont' want Carolina but Chicago plays the Giants on the road this week and I'm not confident in their performance)

His team:

QB: McNabb and Bulger
RB: S. Jackson, K. Jones, C. Portis, McGahee, W. Lundy
WR: Holt, D. Jackson, D. Henderson, R. Moss
TE: Daniels
K: Carney
Def: Minnesota

I was thinking about offering something like Stallworth and Green or maybe Stallworth and Gore for S. Jackson. I like K. Jones but his schedule is rediculous the last couple of weeks (@NWE, Chicago and Min with GNB mixed in). S. Jackson has the following schedule.

@Sea
@Car
SFO
ARi
Chi
@Oak
Was

So he has rediculous easy matchups with SFO, Ari and Oak. Decent matchups with Sea, Was and Car and bad against Chicago. Do you think this will possibly be accepted? I'm leaning towards no. Any help here guys?
Old 11-07-2006, 02:21 PM

I'm first in my league, and the guy offering me this trade is a close second. I'm only leading by half a game. What do you think?

My team:
QB: Bulger, Romo
RB: LJ, Deuce, Henry, Lundy, L. White
WR: Boldin, Branch, R. Brown, Jenkins
TE: Gates, O. Daniels
Kicker: Stover
Def: Miami, Cleveland

His team:
QB: Rivers, Kitna
RB: Parker, Maroney, Dillon, A. Thomas, Barlow
WR: Stallworth, Fitzgerald, Gabriel, A. Johnson, Ward
TE: Colston, Witten (Colston able to play WR)
Kicker: Tynes
Def: Baltimore

He's offering me Andre Johnson, Maroney, and Phillip Rivers for Marc Bulger.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:05 PM

capone,

first of all, WTF? are you guys in a two team league or something? Both of your teams are rediculous. Between the two of you, you have 3 of the top 4 QBs and like 8 sweet receivers, not to mention gore and his 4 solid RBs.

anyways,

i really doubt hes gonna give up jackson that easy. why the hell does he think he needs WRs? He has 2 of the very best already. basically his team is insanely good and hes an idiot if he trades with anyone other than mabye unloading one of his worse RBs for a better number 3 WR, do you guys start 3?

Portis would still be a solid upgrade for you so the only thing i think might work would be something like evans or stallworth for portis.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:14 PM

aza,

assuming you start 2RB and 3 WR, this trade isnt very good for you. basically it comes down to how much of an upgrade you get from branch to johnson, and how much of a downgrade from bulger to rivers. not worth it imo, especially considering he is the one chasing you and he would be improving his team quite a bit cuz he has enough WRs that he wont miss johnson much.