Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 03:13 AM

Default balt999 --NBA PICK OF THE DAY (Nov 7)

I'm off to a good start as Sacramento cruised against Minnesota covered the number rather easily.

For Tuesday, I'm looking at Houston (-3) against Memphis. Although it's a road game. Memphis will be without Pau Gasol, and there is no one on the Memphis roster who can pick up the slack offensively. Van Gundy will definately neutalize Mike Miller and let someone else beat them. It'll be a defensive battle with Van Gundy and Frattello going at it. I like the presense of Ming and McGrady to win...

My pick: Houston (-3) 1 Unit

1-0 ATS +1 Unit
Old 11-07-2006, 03:27 AM

Default Re: balt999 --NBA PICK OF THE DAY (Nov 7)

[ QUOTE ]

I'm off to a good start as Sacramento cruised against Minnesota covered the number rather easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call =)
I like the rockets, so ill be making this bet, probably no matter the EV, goodluck man
Old 11-07-2006, 06:27 AM

I like this bet too. With Gasol out, and Stoudamire and Eddie Jones hurting, the Grizzlies are giving significant minutes to guys like Dahntay Jones, Lawrence Roberts, Chucky Atkins, and Brian Cardinal.

The Rockets are a very well put together team with some extremely good role players built around the core of Yao and TMac. I like them as a potential championship team. Of course, I have been gotten my butt kicked betting on the Rockets and against the Grizzlies so far this year. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck!

Rockets -3 over Grizzlies (-105)

YTD 5-4 +3.75 Units.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:26 AM

Do you think McGrady is going to show up? He is shooting terrible so far this season (I know its really early to tell). Being said, I like the pick too.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:54 PM

I am on this and the under, you guys should also look at the LA Lakers vs Minnesota under 202, I think its a steal and put 3 units on it.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:03 PM

What about Heat/Sonics over 204? Miami is "holding" opponents to 100 and the Sonics are scoring 111.7. The Heat are sucking it up to only 85, but they have so much firepower they should break out soon.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am on this and the under, you guys should also look at the LA Lakers vs Minnesota under 202, I think its a steal and put 3 units on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was considering this as well and have seen a few people who really like it. Minnesota hasn't done much all year but the Lakers have gone over 202 in every game. So why is this such a popular pick today?
Old 11-07-2006, 03:34 PM

I'm rollin with ya, keep it up!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think McGrady is going to show up? He is shooting terrible so far this season (I know its really early to tell). Being said, I like the pick too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on with TMac. But Yao is looking absolutely unstoppable in the paint this year (when he is not in foul trouble and sitting on the bench). Other teams really have no choice but to double team him. I would think this would eventually open up opportunities for their perimeter players, TMac included.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:13 PM

Jibba, its because with Kobe back they score less, because he scores a lot through their set offense which slows down all the running they have been doing with just lamar. Also, Minnesota is going to dictate the tempo as they do not like to run, but rather give it in to KG so this will be a low scoring game with a lot of offensive sets using the whole shot clock. Minnesota has only been shooting 41% from the field too.