Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 10:47 AM

Default Re: So what Mods are actually good at poker?

[ QUOTE ]

Only around the top five percent of poker players are winning players. This is an extremely select, and intelligent group. This same group is certainly much higher than the "median" income group of Americans. Intelligent people make more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

No argument from me on that one Jman. I would say that intelligent people have the potential to make more money if they choose to do so. There are certainly many people who are not that intelligent (pro athletes come to mind as well as many movie stars) who make way more than any of us. Intelligence gives you the potential to do whatever you want and be as successful as you want to be.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never discussed how much I make on these boards, and I dont intend to. Suffice it to say that I dont make comments like that lightly.

Incentivised enough I think I could earn $1,000,000 in the next 365 days with near certainty, altho it would be more difficult for me than for someone like aba. I chose not for, for various reasons. I have no problem with those that go down the pro route.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm ...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...4283&page=

This guy is going to make $1 million in the next 365 days with near certainty at $1/$2 NL?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

Isn't 1000bbs at 30/60 only $60,000? That's a long way from $1 million. I knew most of you idiots were taking your winrate over 3 months and then extrapolating it for the full year. This guy is proof of that.

You guys are so full of [censored].
Old 11-07-2006, 01:42 AM

bruce,

you're an idiot.

sincerely,

citanul
Old 11-07-2006, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never discussed how much I make on these boards, and I dont intend to. Suffice it to say that I dont make comments like that lightly.

Incentivised enough I think I could earn $1,000,000 in the next 365 days with near certainty, altho it would be more difficult for me than for someone like aba. I chose not for, for various reasons. I have no problem with those that go down the pro route.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm ...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...4283&page=

This guy is going to make $1 million in the next 365 days with near certainty at $1/$2 NL?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

Isn't 1000bbs at 30/60 only $60,000? That's a long way from $1 million. I knew most of you idiots were taking your winrate over 3 months and then extrapolating it for the full year. This guy is proof of that.

You guys are so full of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, wtf are you talking about? WHen on earth did I say I would make $ 1 mill with near certainty? Hint: Never

Do you think Im playing 1/2 NL cos that is the highest game i'm rolled for? Hint: No.

Did I say the most I ever had 1,000bbs for was 30/60? Hint: No.

Do you think that I made 2.5bb/100 for only 3 months? Hint: No.

Why do you come up with all this ridiculous stuff? Why? Why am I even wasting my time with you? I said that if I was given the right incentives I thought I could make a mill in the next year very likely. I still believe that, altho Id have to know the effects of the legislation to be sure. Listen, if you are so smart you can do the math. If you can beat 100/200 limit, and you play lots, this adds up to a mill in a year.

I have other stuff in life to be getting on with that means I wont be playing that much poker. So its unlikely I will make that much. Maybe I will run well, recover my mental state, and achieve it. I doubt it. I'd be really surprised if I didnt clear 250k. I have a job that many people would die for. I'm probably going to get into the top PhD program in the world, and do that. These are amazing opportunities. Im sorry that you just arent as smart and talented as me and you are incapable of getting these opportunities, and that nor will you ever be anywhere near as good at poker as me.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a job that many people would die for. I'm probably going to get into the top PhD program in the world, and do that. These are amazing opportunities. Im sorry that you just arent as smart and talented as me and you are incapable of getting these opportunities, and that nor will you ever be anywhere near as good at poker as me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Douchebag post of the year..................and, yes, that includes all of mine. LOL
Old 11-07-2006, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be really surprised if I didnt clear 250k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote earlier in this thread from Dean:
[ QUOTE ]
I could def make $50k/mo from poker yet I have a real job.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem very insecure. BTW, $50K/mo = $600K per year, not $250K.

Look, I don't have anything against you personally, but your quotes in this thread about win rates are exemplary of the types of BS that is found all over 2+2. Some jagoff makes a claim about how easy it is to make $1 million per year playing poker and then the next thing you know a couple of months later, same jagoff is playing $1/$2 NL.

Oh, and I freely admit to sucking at poker. I'm just amazed at how insecure the rest of you are in that you have to blow up your win rates to levels that your skill will in no way let you attain.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:20 AM

I said I COULD make 50k a month YET I HAVE A REAL JOB, so to spell it out to you -- i have a real job, which means I dont have that much time to play, which means I make less money k? Taylor Caby admitted to playing 1/2 PLO while learning the game. Does that mean he is busto and cant make even 50/hr?

The fact is that ppl have different risk tolerances and different prefences in life. Making a mil is def doable. I have lots of friends who could make it in a year. Some of the probably will, others will have different priorities in life. Lots of them are great and talented people who choose to pursue other avenues. Listen, I have no reason to lie to you. Making $50k a month from poker -- it really isnt that hard. I think you have to be smart to do so. Maybe there are a couple of ppl who arent that smart yet for some reason just get poker. But it isnt that tough.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:22 AM

Dean,

You're sounding like you're on tilt in your recent posts (not just in this thread).
Old 11-07-2006, 09:59 AM

Ye I def am not in a good place.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Zeebo: Yes, 6-figures is a lot. But it is not a lot when you are talking about people who are top skilled professionals in all sorts of fields.

brucey: Many successful executives as well as doctors, lawyers, salespeople, etc. make over 200k in jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

not in Idaho [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]