Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Need acousitc guitar advice.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was actually thinking of buying a knockaround acoustic from guitar center and was looking between the F335, an epiphone aj-100ce and a mitchell md100s. all three are 150 bucks with free shipping on guitar center. thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume that you are not near a Guitar Center since you mentioned the free shipping. I would not buy any of those guitars without trying them first. Since these are low end guitars, there can be a big difference in quality. You can pick up two of the same model and one will sound fine and the other like crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure i'm close to one (in NYC) but who knows if they have the same deals as online, plus i'm lazy.

sigh. might as well try.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, all of the GC products are the same price as their online sites (musiciansfriend.com, guitarcenter.com), so you shouldn't have a problem there. If you don't want to pay tax, just tell them you want it for that price out the door. You can even get it for less if you want. If you can't, don't ever go to a car dealership.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:07 PM

Brother,

Learn to use the [censored] search function.

God Bless,

Esteban

Old 11-06-2006, 08:52 PM

buy a used guitar. go to garage sales, and search on craigslist. once you have the guitar (that cast you only 70$) buy some new strings at a store. make sure the strings are "for noobs". I don't know if there is such a thing, but w/e. Prolly light strings are easy to bend.

Now you have a cheap guitar, that sounds decent. Take 3-4 lessons. Focus strictly on fingering/technique, screw reading notes.

Now quit the lessons, and start playing easy songs via guitar tabs on the internet. You can find tabs for almost anything.

Now you should be able to play easy songs well. Now join a guitar forum called guitar.zentao.com/forum/ google; "guitar sessions forum"

gl.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:08 PM

I would recommend by something cheap, around $100-150, anything with a neck that feels good when you play it, then after you get it, find someone you know who plays guitar and have them setup the bridge for you and that will help with keeping it in tune because if the bridge is too high or too low with a bad gauge strings, it will just mess up the guitar