Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Re: over-complimicating a simple one

goes over the top.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:58 PM

If you raise to $10, he has to call $6.75 into a $25.05 pot which easily gives him the direct odds to call with Ah -let alone implied odds.

You then have $14.05 left to bet into a $31.80 pot - which does price him out for the river, but only just.

You need to raise to more than $10 to deny him the correct implied odds on the flop. He stands to win the $11.85 in the pot plus the rest of your stack and the rest of MPs stack = £38.10 total. So you need to charge him at least $9.50 on top of his $3.75 to force a small FTOP error - you can't raise to less than £12.25.

If he calls this, he makes a small mistake and if he misses the turn, you can't deny him the correct odds to see the river because you have too little behind - you only have $11.80 to bet into a $35 pot.

Pushing does give him the correct odds to see two more cards - but you don't really have any other options. Neither of you are deep-stacked enough.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:07 PM

I dig...as i was getting all frustrated with this one stupid hand, i realized i was doing my maths wrong anyhow.

Works out...I like pushing, I usually push, and I'll keep pushing in the future...beats trying to outsmart myself.