Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 01:51 PM

Default Re: The 10 NL 16 buyin dowswing over ~4k hands

This might help from Essential Collection
Old 11-06-2006, 01:55 PM

OOhhh, ouch. I for one, won't assume that you are a bad player just because of this; would be kinda results oriented unless I see the hands. It's highly possible though, or perhaps you have severe discpline issues that aggravates the bad luck.

But fortunately, you didn't lose a fortune or anything-- It's the beauty of being smart enough to start at uNL, since a few months and you can give this another try. Read around and try to learn. PokerSourceOnline offers a instant bankroll, if you don't feel like depositing again. Either way, wallowing in self-pity won't do anything. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

On the other hand, I realize I'm quite lame for getting annoyed at losing $6. >.<
Old 11-06-2006, 02:07 PM

Yeah I do actually enjoy the game. After a long session and booking another loss of course I don't have the best attitude towards poker, but after some time off when I come back it's always fun again.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OOhhh, ouch. I for one, won't assume that you are a bad player just because of this; would be kinda results oriented unless I see the hands. It's highly possible though, or perhaps you have severe discpline issues that aggravates the bad luck.

But fortunately, you didn't lose a fortune or anything-- It's the beauty of being smart enough to start at uNL, since a few months and you can give this another try. Read around and try to learn. PokerSourceOnline offers a instant bankroll, if you don't feel like depositing again. Either way, wallowing in self-pity won't do anything. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

On the other hand, I realize I'm quite lame for getting annoyed at losing $6. >.<

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the good thing is I'm very overrolled for the 10NL game so it doesn't hurt the actual bankroll at all and there won't be any redepositing necessary. Just that the losing is of course, not fun.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:29 PM

Looks like a bad run combined with some tilting. Im counting 5 KK vs AA hands, 5-6 tilts-by-own-admission, so thats like 11 buyins already. 5 more outdraws or unlucky hands (set vs higher set etc) and its covered.

Tune down on the tilting and you should be fine I think [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Other than that, maybe you should be a little more reluctant to get your entire stack in the middle?
Old 11-06-2006, 03:47 PM

Update: Make it 19.. and these last 3 I went in way way ahead so at least I don't feel bad about them since they were just standard suckouts (runner runner etc)