Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 10:51 AM

Default $100NL... elementary confrontation-- FD vs. super-aggro lag

I'm still new to NL cash and this just seemed a like such a basic confrontation and yet I was at a loss for how to play it correctly. Do I c/c and just hope to hit on the turn? Or do I lead bet/push to his likely raise?

Villian is 49/33/5+ after 100 hands. Have seen him all in on flop twice in last two orbits, once with J-10o and having hit nothing on flop. So far he also c-bets the full pot every single hand.

Hero is BB with KsQs.
Villain raises 3.5x from UTG.
SB calls.
Hero calls.

Flop: 9s-3s-2d

Sb Checks, Hero bets $7, Villian raises to $24.
Hero?

Do I just push here and gambool? The main thing holding me back was that his last all-in was where he pushed with nothing (J-10o) and got stacked. I'm thinking he could be relying on that to get loose call here where he has overpair, plus I guess I feel I have no fold equity (but he is probably relying on that as well). Should I just c/c and figure I get paid off if I hit?

(both stacks are 100)
Old 11-06-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: $100NL... elementary confrontation-- FD vs. super-aggro lag

Seems like a gambler to me. Pushing here is fine, and I think calling is not so great because your implied odds are not very good and you'll have to fold a turn miss and will be OOP. Your FE looks good enough considering villain.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:56 AM

I folded. I had stacked off to this same style player the day before on a semi-bluff and was gunshy, to be honest. Besides with the way he was betting I felt I'd get easier opportunities to get paid.

Then at same table I ran into j-high flush vs q-high flush, two pair vs. flopped straight (made with 2-5o in raise pot), and KQ vs. AK in headsup blind battle. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2006, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I folded. I had stacked off to this same style player the day before on a semi-bluff and was gunshy, to be honest. Besides with the way he was betting I felt I'd get easier opportunities to get paid.

Then at same table I ran into j-high flush vs q-high flush, two pair vs. flopped straight (made with 2-5o in raise pot), and KQ vs. AK in headsup blind battle. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
*grabs a big fish and slaps eaglebauer around*

Folding this is a crime !!
Old 11-06-2006, 12:08 PM

I think pushing and folding are both fine, but I lead towards a push. I think you have enough fold equity as his range is probably fairly wide. However, if you know he has an overpair, and won't fold, then it is a fold.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
*grabs a big fish and slaps eaglebauer around*

Folding this is a crime !!

[/ QUOTE ]

I needed that.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think pushing and folding are both fine, but I lead towards a push. I think you have enough fold equity as his range is probably fairly wide. However, if you know he has an overpair, and won't fold, then it is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do I have to get the fish again, FOLDING HERE IS A CRIME AGAINST THIS VILLAIN...

[ QUOTE ]

I needed that.

[/ QUOTE ]
No problem, I don't think everyone got it yet...
Old 11-06-2006, 12:24 PM

Easy push.

You shouldn't just call here, because if villain is as bluffy as you described, you may not have great implied odds when you hit because he may not have a hand at all!

You should push because you are a favorite over his range, and you have decent FE if he's bluffing raising the flop some of the time.